Insomnia, who has it?

spindoc

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say I have insomnia, but I don't sleep nearly as well as I did when I was younger. Like Doc, at one time I could sleep anywhere, any way. And that really helps when you are in the military. But I hurt my back in college and it seems to have affected my sleep ever since. I can only sleep on my sides, in the fetal position, and when I roll over from one side to the other I wake up completely. I'd say I need 8-9 hours in the bed to actually get 6 or so hours of broken sleep, and I routinely on work nights only get about 6 (sometimes less) hours of bed time, so I'm only getting MAYBE 4 hours or so of broken sleep, which isn't enough.

She actually does take that, but kinda of like you said if she doesn't time it just right when trying to fall asleep it's not that effective or not at all. We've never considered the cold feet thing. Could monitor that and see if it helps. Were trying to find a neurologist to see for it.

My mom has a neurologist in the Greater Cincinnati area who she goes to. I don't remember the guy's name, but I know she thinks highly of him. I'll find out the name and PM it to you.

My sleep is absolutely awful. I wake up every hour or so and feel the need to keep switching back and forth from the bed to the couch. I may get four hours total.
Put the couch in your bedroom, save you some travel time.

I was diagnosed with sleep onset insomia when I was 16. Still deal with it. The long and short of it is that I lay in bed and my mind races when it gets quiet and there's nothing going on around me. I'm with pops...no more than 5 or 6 hours a night.

This describes me as well.

Yea, but I never noticed a difference with it. It was an ingredient in a supplement I took though, and that one was more effective.

I never noticed a difference with melatonin either.

The last few nights I've averaged about 4 hrs/night. Happens all of the time.

When I can't stay awake a work, I break out the Ambien. In fact I've already taken a dose for tonight. Diphenhydramine does nothing for me, much less Melatonin.

Without my CPAP, I would not sleep at all, Ambien or no. Nobody sleeps, if I don't have my CPAP, Mrs. S, the neighbors, the western half of the county, ...

The last few nights I've averaged about 4 hrs/night. Happens all of the time.

When I can't stay awake a work, I break out the Ambien. In fact I've already taken a dose for tonight. Diphenhydramine does nothing for me, much less Melatonin.

Without my CPAP, I would not sleep at all, Ambien or no. Nobody sleeps, if I don't have my CPAP, Mrs. S, the neighbors, the western half of the county, ...

I need to try Ambien.

The last couple of nights have been horrible for me. I haven't been able to sleep at all until 5 am, which is usually my wake up time when school is in session. Thankfully, I haven't had to be there at regular time, yet, so I could afford to sleep a couple of hours. If it is like this next week, I'll need anxiety medicine, too!

I need to try Ambien.

The last couple of nights have been horrible for me. I haven't been able to sleep at all until 5 am, which is usually my wake up time when school is in session. Thankfully, I haven't had to be there at regular time, yet, so I could afford to sleep a couple of hours. If it is like this next week, I'll need anxiety medicine, too!

School started here, today. You'd been in a world of hurt.

The Doc initially put me on Doxoral, or something like that. It was a psychotropic and made me act weirder than normal. I mean really weird. Scary weird. The Ambien has not affected me, as far as I know.

School started here, today. You'd been in a world of hurt.

The Doc initially put me on Doxoral, or something like that. It was a psychotropic and made me act weirder than normal. I mean really weird. Scary weird. The Ambien has not affected me, as far as I know.

Oh, so this must not be you then :lol2:

Jury acquits man who used Ambien defense in attack on wife, police | Charlotte Observer