How will POTUS react to the defeat of"skinny health care replacement" bill?

Not everyone has the most money to go back to school. Some don't have the familial support. Just because it worked for you, doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Be proud of what you achieved. But be aware that every single person has their own set of circumstances to contend with, and do the best they can.

I don't think I could disagree with this any more then I already do. Are you saying that no one games the system? I'm certain they see that as the best they can do. Sometimes the best someone can do isn't good for society as a whole.

Here's my problem with those that favor the entitlement society that we are becoming. First I have no problem with those that have a verifiable need getting help. I also believe that those that are getting help should have to regularly verify that they are trying to change their situation and if they are able they need to work for their assistance.

I want the entire entitlement system re-vamped and I want those that game the system punished. The number of cheats may be small but in my mind even 1 is to many.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You missed his point on the college thing, in my opinion. Those that waste time on getting useless degrees should probably be encouraged to take advantage of vocational/trade schools.

Would have been lost on me. All I can do to change a light bulb.

I dont think like that at all and I voted for the Yellow haired monster. I think if someone really needs help then they should get it. If they make a living off receiving help then they need a job.

We agree on this point.

I dont think like that at all and I voted for the Yellow haired monster. I think if someone really needs help then they should get it. If they make a living off receiving help then they need a job.

Jesse, don't line up with these guys who have no sympathy for the working man.

You voted for Trump because you thought he would give these people a better opportunity not scoff at them for not trying harder in school.

You voted for Trump because you thought he would give these people a better opportunity not scoff at them for not trying harder in school.

I voted for Trump because he was my only choice.

I voted for Trump because he was my only choice.

:lol2:

You voted for him the primary.

Nevermind...

You supported him. I get why you did. The fact he is turning his back on middle America makes me despise home more.

:lol2:

You voted for him the primary.

Nevermind...

You supported him. I get why you did. The fact he is turning his back on middle America makes me despise home more.

I never voted for him in Kentucky......I did support him vs Hillary. Will do it again if she is the candidate or any democrat. :)

Does Trumpcare improve healthcare for Kentuckians?

I have no idea. Ive been to busy to really look into it. But there is no such thing now. Nothing to debate. I can tell you that Obama care has destroyed my plan and it has went way up. I can tell you about what is real, not whats being debated. I can tell you that Obamacare forced my wifes doctor to close his doors.

There is the problem right there! When dealing with adversity, you offer hugs when what is needed is a kick in the gluteus maximus. I find it ironic that on a social media platform that highlights the values that high school sports teaches, are ignored by many of its participants.

When your team was down 2 scores in the fourth quarter, did you go looking to your Head Coach for a hug?????????

There is the problem right there! When dealing with adversity, you offer hugs when what is needed is a kick in the gluteus maximus. I find it ironic that on a social media platform that highlights the values that high school sports teaches, are ignored by many of its participants.

When your team was down 2 scores in the fourth quarter, did you go looking to your Head Coach for a hug?????????

So you don't care for the overwhelming majority of the country either? What's it like living on that pedestal?

So you don't care for the overwhelming majority of the country either? What's it like living on that pedestal?

I invest in those that help themselves, not in those who accept the cultural teaching that they are victims, and as such deserve to be supported by government!

Nope, and I didn't need a hug. I went out and tried my best, and while sometimes it didn't work out, many times it didn't. But you better believe my coach would have been there to give me a hug after it didn't work out, rather than turning his nose up because we had failed. You can't win every time, and hard work and effort doesn't always produce intended results. I get that you should do everything you can to better yourself. And there are many that don't. But not all poor people aren't trying and just taking the easy way and collecting a government check (which isn't exactly living high off the hog). Many are working their tails off just trying to stay afloat....additional schooling/training may not be an option. And many aren't in their situation simply because of a bad decision. Not every one can be a CEO or even a middle level manager. And while I agree trades are a great career option, access to those programs are often not free either. The disdain that some have for the person flipping our burgers/taking out the trash/washing dishes (or any other entry level, low paying job that I couldn't fathom doing, let along doing well) is troubling. As far as useless degrees, much of our entertainment, and culture is rooted in the arts. And while those "lesser" degrees may not mean much monetarily, the world would be a pretty drab and boring place with the contributions from the holders of those "lesser" degrees.

I invest in those that help themselves, not in those who accept the cultural teaching that they are victims, and as such deserve to be supported by government!

As long as you realize and acknowledge there are millions of people "helping themselves" that still need assistance...

Nope, and I didn't need a hug. I went out and tried my best, and while sometimes it didn't work out, many times it didn't. But you better believe my coach would have been there to give me a hug after it didn't work out, rather than turning his nose up because we had failed. You can't win every time, and hard work and effort doesn't always produce intended results. I get that you should do everything you can to better yourself. And there are many that don't. But not all poor people aren't trying and just taking the easy way and collecting a government check (which isn't exactly living high off the hog). Many are working their tails off just trying to stay afloat....additional schooling/training may not be an option. And many aren't in their situation simply because of a bad decision. Not every one can be a CEO or even a middle level manager. And while I agree trades are a great career option, access to those programs are often not free either. The disdain that some have for the person flipping our burgers/taking out the trash/washing dishes (or any other entry level, low paying job that I couldn't fathom doing, let along doing well) is troubling. As far as useless degrees, much of our entertainment, and culture is rooted in the arts. And while those "lesser" degrees may not mean much monetarily, the world would be a pretty drab and boring place with the contributions from the holders of those "lesser" degrees.

So where do you invest your limited time and money? To the person that is struggling to improve themselves, or the person that has decided he is a victim and has no need to improve himself because society is indebted to him?