How will POTUS react to the defeat of"skinny health care replacement" bill?

I suspect McCain and Murkowski will see a different side of Trump's persona.

This would suggest that Trump has a different persona than a petulant child. If he has a different persona - he has kept it well hidden.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McCain has already seen Trump's catty teenage side (in contrast to his self-congratulatory side).

Apparently Trump had Ryan Zinke phone Murkowski to threaten Alaska's status as benefactor of Interior Dept. largesse. Except Murkowski chairs the Senate appropriations subcommittee on the interior and immediately nixed all of Zinke's requests for the year. These people are like incompetent mobsters.

Dems cooked a bill up they thought would be improved over 8 years. They lost elections and made no improvements. I hang that on them.

Republicans developed no plan to improve healthcare just get rid of it. That is on them.

I won't bet a penny it will happen, but a bipartisan reformation of ACA is what is needed.

Totally agree but that won't happen because each side wants to do what's best for their precious party instead of working together for the American people. #draintheswamp

Dems cooked a bill up they thought would be improved over 8 years. They lost elections and made no improvements. I hang that on them.

Republicans developed no plan to improve healthcare just get rid of it. That is on them.

I won't bet a penny it will happen, but a bipartisan reformation of ACA is what is needed.

I agree.

The Democrats were in such a hurry to pass something, anything...just something to say we did it they passed a failed bill. They should have taken the time to pass a good bill to begin with. ACA has been a mess from the outset with people having less options, higher premiums, failures in the rollout and now it looks like the inevitable failing of the entire thing.

The ACA has never met the anticipated numbers of people being covered that was touted at the outset.

The Republicans have been stupid about this when it comes replacing or repairing the ACA, I can't believe there isn't a bill that all could agree upon that could be written.

BOTH parties are held hostage by lobbyist that have too much input into these bills. AS we now famously know, no democrats wrote the ACA it was written by lobbyist and an Ivy League professor...that's why it had to be passed so we could see what was in it.

If I was in charge of the GOP in Washington I'd sit back and let it fail or give the democrats an opportunity to come together to improve it. It would all be on the democrats to come forward to clean up their mess and I'd willingly help them...but there would be some changes that would have to be made for me to support it. Not just throwing more money at the problem.

I agree.

The Democrats were in such a hurry to pass something, anything...just something to say we did it they passed a failed bill. They should have taken the time to pass a good bill to begin with. ACA has been a mess from the outset with people having less options, higher premiums, failures in the rollout and now it looks like the inevitable failing of the entire thing.

The ACA has never met the anticipated numbers of people being covered that was touted at the outset.

The Republicans have been stupid about this when it comes replacing or repairing the ACA, I can't believe there isn't a bill that all could agree upon that could be written.

BOTH parties are held hostage by lobbyist that have too much input into these bills. AS we now famously know, no democrats wrote the ACA it was written by lobbyist and an Ivy League professor...that's why it had to be passed so we could see what was in it.

If I was in charge of the GOP in Washington I'd sit back and let it fail or give the democrats an opportunity to come together to improve it. It would all be on the democrats to come forward to clean up their mess and I'd willingly help them...but there would be some changes that would have to be made for me to support it. Not just throwing more money at the problem.

Lawmakers are also held hostage by voters who receive healthcare because of Obamacare. Every plan that was proposed had millions losing that coverage.

Well...except McConnell and Rand Paul. They don't care KY would be one of the states that suffered the biggest loss.

Lawmakers are also held hostage by voters who receive healthcare because of Obamacare. Every plan that was proposed had millions losing that coverage.

To some degree yes, you are correct.

I always wonder how much of those predictions are real world versus being scare tactics. The CBO scored the ACA prior to it's roll out and predicted several million more people would be enrolled than actually have been.

I agree.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/every-gop-lie-about-passing-obamacare-is-true-about-repeal.html

The Republicans were more than stupid. They did everything they blamed the Democrats of doing, which wasn't true. :lol2:

There is a difference between setback and defeat. Congress is still going to be in session the rest of August. Trump tried to get this done through lobbying and persuasion. A normal politician would consider the political consequences, accept defeat, and move on. I don't think this POTUS cares about political consequences.

They are not rookies and probably are not that concerned. He needs them more than they need him. She is 1 year into 6 and McCain is in poorhelth and no doubt his last term. Maybe he needs to learn how to bring all together, but hey, we're getting great again.

Over 6 months in, with a Republican controlled Congress, and President Trump has accomplished nothing. No wall, nor repeal of the ACA, no tax reform, no important legislation of any kind. The only swamp he's drained is his own, quickly replacing several of his own hires. Historically unpopular. Not only that, there seems to be no real clear direction, nothing on the horizon. At least the Republican party was unified against Obama. Now under Trump they can't get together on anything, even though they have the hammer. As a country we seem almost directionless.

If you thought whoever got elected was getting anything done this term you need your head examined.

I watched until after 4 am. Got two hours of sleep. Then watched three hours of Morning Joe. Mika was giddy(and beautiful as always). Historic and unprecedented vote and night!!! Now, all of Congress needs to come together and make the ACA better. There are some good elements and there are others that need improving. Can we put country ahead of partisanship and give all Americans affordable healthcare???

McCain = Profile in Courage !!!! Country over Party.

thumbsdown.jpg

Bipartisan reformation would require Politicians who care about the people who are affected instead of about their next election, so I agree, it's probably not going to happen. Both Parties should be embarrassed and ashamed.