How will POTUS react to the defeat of"skinny health care replacement" bill?

Perhaps Bill in Nebraska should have considered those consequences when he CHOSE not to pursue higher education and CHOSE not to pursue a trade skill and CHOSE a life of dependence upon government.

You are amongst the most out of touch people I've ever encountered.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not everyone is cut out to be an engineer.

Maybe we should just get rid of vocational schools and service industries. Not a lot of love for blue-collar workers, evidently.

One of my favorite shows ever was Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe on Discovery.

I worked in several of those types of jobs and left behind some great people on my way to my college degree. I'll always have a soft spot for those who work hard and make civilized life possible for the rest of us.

I think that is how it goes.

Maybe we should just get rid of vocational schools and service industries. Not a lot of love for blue-collar workers, evidently.

Perhaps Bill in Nebraska should have considered those consequences when he CHOSE not to pursue higher education and CHOSE not to pursue a trade skill and CHOSE a life of dependence upon government.

Papa, I think you need your reading glasses!

Does that mean they should not aspire to a plumber or electrician?

One of my favorite shows ever was Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe on Discovery.

I worked in several of those types of jobs and left behind some great people on my way to my college degree. I'll always have a soft spot for those who work hard and make civilized life possible for the rest of us.

I think that is how it goes.

You do know that Rowe is a passionate Trumper!

Mike Rowe explains the real reason Donald Trump won - Washington Times

Maybe Susie in Indiana who works at Carrier and has benefits, but is losing her job here soon can come to you for advice.

Maybe Susie in Indiana who works at Carrier and has benefits, but is losing her job here soon can come to you for advice.

Try harder to keep your job.

Tweet Trump for help.

I think I'm doing this right.

NAFTA turned my advanced engineering degree into worthless toilet paper. Instead of sulking and looking for government to support me, my spouse and my three young children, I went back to school nights and earned multiple technology degrees which has put food on the table and paid the mortgage for 20 years and counting. It used to be "When the going got tough, the tough got going". Now, its "When the going gets tough, lets look for government to bail us out." Nevermind that we are arguing about money that has to be borrowed from China!

America has gotten soft, and the more liberal society gets, American gets even softer!

Seriously, this is why I rarely if ever respond in the occasional "Fellow conservative/Trump supporters - tell us what you think" thread.

I simply do not and cannot think like that. I don't understand it.

The notion that everyone receiving government assistance (and I have been doing so for nearly nine years) is a worthless mooch who simply needs to pull himself up by his bootstraps, go to school (as if that's an option for everyone) and become a doctor or an engineer or an electrician is as foreign to me as advanced calculus written in Sanskrit.

You missed his point on the college thing, in my opinion. Those that waste time on getting useless degrees should probably be encouraged to take advantage of vocational/trade schools.

Seriously, this is why I rarely if ever respond in the occasional "Fellow conservative/Trump supporters - tell us what you think" thread.

I simply do not and cannot think like that. I don't understand it.

The notion that everyone receiving government assistance (and I have been doing so for nearly nine years) is a worthless mooch who simply needs to pull himself up by his bootstraps, go to school (as if that's an option for everyone) and become a doctor or an engineer or an electrician is as foreign to me as advanced calculus written in Sanskrit.

I dont think like that at all and I voted for the Yellow haired monster. I think if someone really needs help then they should get it. If they make a living off receiving help then they need a job.

Edited by Jesse James

NAFTA turned my advanced engineering degree into worthless toilet paper. Instead of sulking and looking for government to support me, my spouse and my three young children, I went back to school nights and earned multiple technology degrees which has put food on the table and paid the mortgage for 20 years and counting. It used to be "When the going got tough, the tough got going". Now, its "When the going gets tough, lets look for government to bail us out." Nevermind that we are arguing about money that has to be borrowed from China!

America has gotten soft, and the more liberal society gets, American gets even softer!

Not everyone has the most money to go back to school. Some don't have the familial support. Just because it worked for you, doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Be proud of what you achieved. But be aware that every single person has their own set of circumstances to contend with, and do the best they can.