I honestly don't know how to respond to this. How can people be so heartless.

All Tell

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Article:

COCOA, Fla. — Police said a group of teens filmed the dying moments of a 32-year-old man last week, mocking, cursing and laughing as the man drowned in a pond.

The Brevard County (Fla.) State Attorney's office released the video to Florida Today, a member, like USA TODAY, of the USA TODAY Network, and called the incident a "tragedy" and the said the teen's lack of action had "no moral justification."

The minute-long video, which police called "extremely disturbing," found its way to social media and depicts the unidentified teens — ages 14 to 16 — off-camera, laughing as the man screamed for help before going under in the murky water just after noon on July 9. There were no calls to 911 from the teens.

SF, curious as to why this is not surprising.

Sheriff, it just seems that so many young folks nowadays have such little respect for what others are going through. I guess I've read about so many of these kind of stories that I'm no longer surprised at how little empathy some people have for others. Some kids seems to care more about what they can post on social media than how they can help a fellow human being. I wish things like this still shocked me but it doesn't.

Ref, you honestly know kids that would react this way? I know lots of kids and I would be very shocked if they responded this way.

Yes, don't get me wrong, Sheriff. There are a lot of good kids. But there seems to be a growing number of little sociopaths that parents are producing nowadays.