Ezikel Elliot looking at suspension.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, but why was he suspended 6 games when Josh Brown only got 1? The same DV policy was in place when Brown was suspended. Its just getting applied in this situation. But when you examine the cases, Brown admitted guilt. While Zeke certainly doesn't have to admit guilt to be punished, there certainly should be a reasonable burden of proof in order to punish Zeke 6 games when Brown was suspended 1. I don't see how anyone who looks at this case completely unbiased could say Zeke is definitively innocent or guilty.

Why did Brown get released? Why will he likely never play again? He's certainly better than some kickers in the NFL today.

Browns wife refused to talk to investigators, maybe that had something to do with it. I dont know.

Why did Brown get released? Why will he likely never play again? He's certainly better than some kickers in the NFL today.

Browns wife refused to talk to investigators, maybe that had something to do with it. I dont know.

The fact that NFL teams decided to not sign Brown is completely irrelevant. Kickers are expendable. Zeke is one of if not the best RB in the league. Brown admitted his guilt. The NFL DV policy clearly outlines a baseline of 6 games for the first DV policy violation. Why did the NFL choose to reduce Browns suspension when their is admission of guilt and gave Zeke 6 games with no burden of proof. The DV policy has been unfairly applied by the NFL from the moment they instituted it.

The fact that NFL teams decided to not sign Brown is completely irrelevant. Kickers are expendable. Zeke is one of if not the best RB in the league. Brown admitted his guilt. The NFL DV policy clearly outlines a baseline of 6 games for the first DV policy violation. Why did the NFL choose to reduce Browns suspension when their is admission of guilt and gave Zeke 6 games with no burden of proof. The DV policy has been unfairly applied by the NFL from the moment they instituted it.

So because Zeke is better, he gets to keep playing? I get that, just like i get that teams dont want the negative press Kaep brings because his production isn't worth it...

I dont know why they reduced his suspension other than maybe because his wife didnt want to cooperate with them. I dont know.

Doing more reading into Elliots case, it appears the NFL used an external expert advisory board (ill post the link here) whi concluded there was enough to suspend Elliot. An arbitrator agrees with the suspension and...

"Robert S. Tobias, the principal assistant city attorney in Columbus, Ohio, later told USA Today that he couldn't conclude exactly what happened between Elliott and the woman but that he believed a series of violent interactions occurred"

Heres a link with way more info in this case than i have time to read lol

Dallas Cowboys: Decide for yourself: The evidence and arguments surrounding the suspension of Ezekiel Elliott | SportsDay

I disagree when it comes to things as severe as DV. I certainly respect the NFL abilities to hand out punishments. These rules have been unfairly applied.

Every case is different and unless you know all facts of both cases, its difficult to say that the rulings were unfair.

Is it fair that Elliot gets to keep playing while Rice and Brown lost their jobs?

Every case is different and unless you know all facts of both cases, its difficult to say that the rulings were unfair.

Is it fair that Elliot gets to keep playing while Rice and Brown lost their jobs?

The fact that Rice and Brown aren't playing anymore has nothing to do with the NFL and everything to do with the fact of individual teams not deeming them worth the distraction they would cause.

The fact that Rice and Brown aren't playing anymore has nothing to do with the NFL and everything to do with the fact of individual teams not deeming them worth the distraction they would cause.

You mentioned fairness. Is that fair?

I agree thats why their not playing. No, it isn't necessarily fair. But i don't really feel sorry for them.

Like i said, every case is different. Ray Rice got a minor suspension until the video was released.... why'd they take it easy on him until public pressure mounted against them? I don't know.

You mentioned fairness. Is that fair?

I agree thats why their not playing. No, it isn't necessarily fair. But i don't really feel sorry for them.

Like i said, every case is different. Ray Rice got a minor suspension until the video was released.... why'd they take it easy on him until public pressure mounted against them? I don't know.

It's fair that if they were as good at their job as Zeke is at his they would have a job still. But when I discuss fairness I'm talking specifically about how punishments are handed out amongst the NFL. There are lots of things that I think the NFL does that are unfair. How teams decide who they sign doesn't have to be fair. How the NFL governs their organization has to be fair to all of the members of that organization. This has simply not been the case.