Ezikel Elliot looking at suspension.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then the NFL should disclose that info to the legal system. It's illegal to withhold that information. I'm not saying the NFL shouldn't be able to discipline without the legal system, I'm saying if the legal system deems no evidence then how can the NFL have evidence.

Maybe they have but if witnesses and the victim won't talk to police there is not much they can do. I'm not saying that's what happened here, just using as an example.

As a private concern, can't the NFL have its own rules of conduct? PNC Bank may have different rules than TGIF Friday's. What does the negotiated collective bargaining agreement have to say abut this?
This is the entire situation in a nutshell. The legal system/police have zero to do with it. The players collectively voted on it. Now they have to live by it. The evidence the police gather doesn't matter one iota. The league has every right, collectively bargained, to assess the conduct as it's written in the agreement. So really we should stop comparing what the police have collected to what the league has collected. They don't have to even resemble one another.

So the NFL should only be able to discipline if the legal system can charge the player?

What if Zeke did hit her but she wouldn't talk to authorities and wouldn't press charges? But she would talk with the NFL?

Then she needs to be charge with obstructing justice and blackmail.

Considering 6 games is the baseline for the domestic violence suspension it seems pretty obvious.

Could be. Either way coming out of college I for one didn't think he could keep his nose clean anyway so this isn't a surprise nor is any of his other actions.

Could be. Either way coming out of college I for one didn't think he could keep his nose clean anyway so this isn't a surprise nor is any of his other actions.
Huh? You have insight into his college antics that the rest of us don't? Only reports out of Columbus were he liked girls and partys. Hardly scandalous.

I may be wrong but I think he meant slander instead of blackmail.

I guess you can add slander to the blackmail. She wont tell the police but runs to the NFL, NFL pays her off to not go to police, then suspenses player who loses money, it's simple blackmail.

I guess you can add slander to the blackmail. She wont tell the police but runs to the NFL, NFL pays her off to not go to police, then suspenses player who loses money, it's simple blackmail.

If Zeke did do it and she was smart, she would tell the legal system everything and prosecute to the full extent if she really wanted to stick it to him. Now she seems like a gold digger who just wanted to get her share of Zeke before he moved on.

This is the entire situation in a nutshell. The legal system/police have zero to do with it. The players collectively voted on it. Now they have to live by it. The evidence the police gather doesn't matter one iota. The league has every right, collectively bargained, to assess the conduct as it's written in the agreement. So really we should stop comparing what the police have collected to what the league has collected. They don't have to even resemble one another.

For some reason, I'm thinking of OJ. Criminal judgement vs. civil judgement.

It's not simple or complex blackmail because it isn't blackmail. Not to mention no one said anything about the NFL paying her.