Disney World-- What To Do/What Not To Do

GrantNKY

I wholeheartedly agree. Meals are fantastic, lodging is really good, & the bus travel to and from makes it beyond convenient.

My wife, daughter, and I went back in Spring of 2015 for six nights and it cost about $2,800 for everything. We only did two parks--Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios--and then went to Universal Studios for a day. We went to parks every other day and it worked out well for us.

Do you remember what hotel you stayed at? Believe we're going to start planning a Disney trip here in the next few months.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you remember what hotel you stayed at? Believe we're going to start planning a Disney trip here in the next few months.

Orlando Area Hotels & Resorts | Walt Disney World Resort

You can put in dates and it will give you prices/ night for all 32 resorts.

My recommendations for each Level Of Resort:

Value: All Star Sports ~100/night

Moderate: Coronado Springs ~ 175/ night

Deluxe: Polynesian ~ 470/night

All of the deluxe resorts have very close access to at least one major park. My recommendation for Polynesian is because it has monorail and boat service to Magic Kingdom and is cheaper than Grand Floridian. But it also has the best character breakfast at Disney called Ohana. It is fantastic.

Don’t be turned away from the other resorts though thinking they aren’t as good. They all are fantastic, most of the price has to do with access to the parks and the restaurants at the resort itself.

Edited by GrantNKY

We’re heading back the middle of May this year with a weekend trip sometime in September/ October most likely. Disney did a special for Vacation Club owners where you could purchase a annual pass for the same price as a 7 day park hopper. No brainer for us and gave us a reason to go back in the fall during the food and wine festival.

Went in late November. Lots of changes coming in the next couple years - especially at Hollywood Studios. ToyStory Land opens this summer and Star Wars land in 2019

Yes it is going to be extremely cool to see the transformation of HS. Right now it’s the type of park where you go to in the morning do the 4-5 things you want to do, eat lunch, then head back to your resort. But they took out the Great Movie Ride so I’m still bitter about that.

We booked our flight and hotel for Orlando for Spring Break last night.

Staying at the Marriott World Center and will probably do MK one day and Disney's waterpark one day.

We are going to use Adrian's Vacations again this year for our trip to the Kingdom.

Check it out if you haven't done so. It's worth every penny!

Adrian's Vacations - Private VIP Tours to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and SeaWorld

Yes it is going to be extremely cool to see the transformation of HS. Right now it’s the type of park where you go to in the morning do the 4-5 things you want to do, eat lunch, then head back to your resort. But they took out the Great Movie Ride so I’m still bitter about that.

That was a great ride. We were there last Christmas, so glad we fit in that attraction.

Flying out Wednesday morning for WDW and getting more excited by the day.

Forecast calling for no rain entire five days we are down there. Should be sunny and 75 when we are at EPCOT next Sunday. Friday at Magic Kingdom calling for 64.

Not only is this statistically one of the least-crowded WDW weeks of the whole year, but the "Disney After Hours" should almost guarantee we are not waiting in lines.

Flying out Wednesday morning for WDW and getting more excited by the day.

Forecast calling for no rain entire five days we are down there. Should be sunny and 75 when we are at EPCOT next Sunday. Friday at Magic Kingdom calling for 64.

Not only is this statistically one of the least-crowded WDW weeks of the whole year, but the "Disney After Hours" should almost guarantee we are not waiting in lines.

I'm jealous! Last year's trip was our best family vacation ever! Even though it was crowded, everyone was happy, most of the time. Part of what made it great was that my kids' age range is 9-22, so I also got to truly enjoy the experience as well. It's fun when they are little, but still pretty awesome when they are older.

My wife has never been to anything Disney.

I haven't been since 2001, but I chaperoned my younger brother's 8th grade trip. Didn't take ANY photos (because school didn't want to run risk of anybody losing anything expensive). Also had a schedule to uphold, so wasn't very freeflowing.

Before that, I think I went in summer of 1998 (before senior year) and 1986. Obviously, a LOT has changed. I still remember eating breakfast with characters at the Empress Lilly (now permanently docked at Disney Springs and NOT a restaurant) and riding 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I remember riding the Delta Dreamflight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Snow White's Scary Adventures -- all gone.

Have never done Under The Sea, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Be Our Guest.

Visited Disney Springs last year when we did a trip to Tampa and drove over in the rental car, but we visited maybe like five stores total.