Disney World-- What To Do/What Not To Do

GrantNKY

What do you mean by this? There is free transportation to and from all of the parks if you stay on property? It's a lot easier to leave the park. You may wait for the bus 5 minutes but the buses go in and out different entrances than the cars so you don't have the same traffic to deal with.

I have never had a problem with traffic when driving out of there.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done it twice in the past two years. I've never read the books or seen the movies but I still had a great time.

Definitely get the two-park passes (Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios) so you can take the Hogwarts Express from Diagon Alley to Hogwarts. If you're wanting to do Harry Potter world, Id suggest getting there as soon as the parks open and going straight to the back (that's where HP World is in either park), as it gets pretty busy pretty fast.

Thank you for the info. BTW, I recommend the books for pure entertainment and imagination. When minidoomer2 was in 3rd grade the first one came out, and it became a family task to read them which we all did so we could discuss them. We did this through all six books to the point where I had to buy two books for each volume. We all went to the first movie together....it was a family thing. He is almost 27 now....seems like just yesterday. We look forward to visiting the park!

Thank you for the info. BTW, I recommend the books for pure entertainment and imagination. When minidoomer2 was in 3rd grade the first one came out, and it became a family task to read them which we all did so we could discuss them. We did this through all six books to the point where I had to buy two books for each volume. We all went to the first movie together....it was a family thing. He is almost 27 now....seems like just yesterday. We look forward to visiting the park!

My girlfriend is a big Potter fan, that's why we went. She absolutely loved it. If you guys are big fans as well, I'm positive you'll have a blast.

Yes but not the cheapest.

We have stayed in the economy ones with a free dining plan and it is not much different than staying somewhere off property and paying for meals and parking.

we have done both.

Yes but not the cheapest.

I take it you drive down there and not fly?

If not, I'd think staying at one of the value resorts would be the way to go since there would be no need to rent a car.

One other nice thing about staying on property is you get first dibs on reservations as well as fast passes.

I have done the busses and by the time they make their stops I could have already been back to hotel.

I have taken them from Art of Animation and I could have driven there faster.

Plus I have my car and I can go if needed in a hurry and not wait on a transport.

Make their stops? The buses go back and forth between the park and your resort. There are no stops in between.

I take it you drive down there and not fly?

If not, I'd think staying at one of the value resorts would be the way to go since there would be no need to rent a car.

One other nice thing about staying on property is you get first dibs on reservations as well as fast passes.

These are huge. There are a ton of restaurants that are booked before any non resort guests can get reservations. Obviously there are still plenty of great places to eat, but not everything is available.

Make their stops? The buses go back and forth between the park and your resort. There are no stops in between.

So does each resort have specific buses that only go from that resort to the parks and back, or does everyone get on a bus and they stop at each resort?

So does each resort have specific buses that only go from that resort to the parks and back, or does everyone get on a bus and they stop at each resort?

Yes. At each park there are bus stops for every resort and the buses only go back and forth between the park and the resort. They don't go to another park to pick up other guests or anything. So at the end of the night if you are leaving Magic Kingdom, you go to Bus Stop for Resort X and it takes you straight to resort X. The buses are usually pretty frequent too. I think the longest I've ever waited is 10 minutes but it's usually closer to 5.

We have stayed in the economy ones with a free dining plan and it is not much different than staying somewhere off property and paying for meals and parking.

we have done both.

Is is if there are 6 of us going.

Yes. At each park there are bus stops for every resort and the buses only go back and forth between the park and the resort. They don't go to another park to pick up other guests or anything. So at the end of the night if you are leaving Magic Kingdom, you go to Bus Stop for Resort X and it takes you straight to resort X. The buses are usually pretty frequent too. I think the longest I've ever waited is 10 minutes but it's usually closer to 5.

I stayed at All Star and it stopped at 2 or 3 different places, but it was going to Disney Springs.