WCPO Channel 9 urging Boycott of Bengals

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No clue. I have zero respect for any of them. I'd also be willing to bet that those that have, were punished in some form when it happened. Mixon hasn't been.

I agree his punishment was very weak and not really a punishment. So I am not sure why people are not more outraged with Oklahoma on this. They are the team that should have taken care of this and cut him lose. Chances are he would have had to land at a small D2 type school because i doubt any big team would have taken him. Then he probably still would have eventually made the NFL. But with him coming from a small D2 school he probably would have been a very late pick and or not drafted at all. Since no one would have ever seen how he did against top talent.

All this stems from Oklahoma's failure. Yet the Bengals seem to be catching more criticism than the team who kept him, and didn't truly punish him.

With all that said I don't think it's up to the Bengals or the NFL to punish him for something 3 years ago, that Oklahoma should have taken care of. Especially since he and the Victim both probably want this situation to be done and over with.

I agree his punishment was very weak and not really a punishment. So I am not sure why people are not more outraged with Oklahoma on this. They are the team that should have taken care of this and cut him lose. Chances are he would have had to land at a small D2 type school because i doubt any big team would have taken him. Then he probably still would have eventually made the NFL. But with him coming from a small D2 school he probably would have been a very late pick and or not drafted at all. Since no one would have ever seen how he did against top talent.

All this stems from Oklahoma's failure. Yet the Bengals seem to be catching more criticism than the team who kept him, and didn't truly punish him.

With all that said I don't think it's up to the Bengals or the NFL to punish him for something 3 years ago, that Oklahoma should have taken care of. Especially since he and the Victim both probably want this situation to be done and over with.

You can bet that if there is any way that she can file a civil suit against him it will happen now given that he will have a source of income.

And with respect to Mixon's punishment, or lack-there-of by the state of Oklahoma, as I understand, the judge was put into a no-win situation since the victim was striking Mixon first. Though Mixon's strike was more harmful, under the law it is treated the same. Both were committing assault. This law was put into place to put men and women on equal ground as many laws are slanted towards the female since they are not (generally) as strong. Skip Bayless explained it well yesterday.

Not sure what your talking about. Oklahoma has received plenty of criticism over their handling of this. The Bengals knew there would be blow back from drafting Mixon so they can't play the victim now. They've obviously shown talent over character is a core value in Cincinnati.

No clue. I have zero respect for any of them. I'd also be willing to bet that those that have, were punished in some form when it happened. Mixon hasn't been.

Well, I know of two Bengals who have hit women and continued to play. I know of James Harrison who is still playing. Josh Brown was still on a roster. Greg Hardy. Those are off the top of my head. There are a multitude of NFL players who have hit women and continued playing. My main point is people appear to want Mixon punished MORE than other players. I find it hypocritical. Not by you because you are clearly and staunchly unforgiving. But by so many others who had no or little outrage over all these other players and situations but are appalled by Mixon being drafted.

Well, I know of two Bengals who have hit women and continued to play. I know of James Harrison who is still playing. Josh Brown was still on a roster. Greg Hardy. Those are off the top of my head. There are a multitude of NFL players who have hit women and continued playing. My main point is people appear to want Mixon punished MORE than other players. I find it hypocritical. Not by you because you are clearly and staunchly unforgiving. But by so many others who had no or little outrage over all these other players and situations but are appalled by Mixon being drafted.

Who?

I don't think people want Mixon punished any more than any other players, he just hasn't been punished at all. Don't you think he deserves some sort of punishment?

I don't think people want Mixon punished any more than any other players, he just hasn't been punished at all. Don't you think he deserves some sort of punishment?

I think his punishment while at Oklahoma was a joke. But he doesn't deserve punishment from the NFL.

I think his punishment while at Oklahoma was a joke. But he doesn't deserve punishment from the NFL.
For me it's not deserve. But if I'm in charge he will prove to me he has learned from his actions and is a changed person. So I ban him for 1 year and give him an opportunity to earn back the right to play in my league. Ray Rice is a great example. Rice was suspended for 1 year and did everything I thing he could to earn back the right to be in the league. It's just a shame he was on the back side of his career and no one would take a chance.

For me it's not deserve. But if I'm in charge he will prove to me he has learned from his actions and is a changed person. So I ban him for 1 year and give him an opportunity to earn back the right to play in my league. Ray Rice is a great example. Rice was suspended for 1 year and did everything I thing he could to earn back the right to be in the league. It's just a shame he was on the back side of his career and no one would take a chance.

I get what you're saying. But his incident occurred three years before his soon to be employer hired him. Giving him a year suspension now that he is in the NFL is just dumb in my opinion.

Outside of the fact that they both hit a woman, everything else is apples and oranges between Rice & Mixon, in my opinion.

So some of you want him punished by his current employer, because of actions that happened at his former employer, that he was punished for?

He has yet to be punished.

And no, I just wouldn't have him on my team if I owned or ran an NFL franchise.