WCPO Channel 9 urging Boycott of Bengals

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the news reports say Oklahoma suspended him, if you say otherwise okay.
Let me try again because I guess you missed it in my post.

He was suspended from the team but allowed to stay in school and keep his scholarship. They applied the redshirt to the year so he didn't lose any years of eligibility.

The difference between what Mixon could do and what a typical red shirt player could do is Mixon wasn't allowed to practice. I'm still waiting for the explanation on gotcha game comments.

I don't know if I'd say zero tolerance, but I think the ability to be employed in the NFL for guys with criminal history should be the same as it is for the everyday joe with a criminal record.

I don't know what that means and I certainly don't know how we would apply your standard.

I don't know what that means and I certainly don't know how we would apply your standard.

Whole lot of people are immediately disqualified from jobs due to that "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" question on applications....Wish that applied to athletes as well. Pipe dream I know. People are willing to overlook it when it comes to helping their sports teams. It's sad, but it's the reality of the world we live in.

Let me try again because I guess you missed it in my post.

He was suspended from the team but allowed to stay in school and keep his scholarship. They applied the redshirt to the year so he didn't lose any years of eligibility.

The difference between what Mixon could do and what a typical red shirt player could do is Mixon wasn't allowed to practice. I'm still waiting for the explanation on gotcha game comments.

So now you agree he was suspended and what was done to Mixon was beyond a typical red shirt season. Thanks for clearing up your misleading comments.

And on the gotcha game, you did it again in this post.

I don't mind, you are fun punching bag.

Whole lot of people are immediately disqualified from jobs due to that "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" question on applications....Wish that applied to athletes as well. Pipe dream I know. People are willing to overlook it when it comes to helping their sports teams. It's sad, but it's the reality of the world we live in.

Now we are talking felonies!!!???

Mixon committed a misdemeanor.

We are still at zero with your application?

Drafting guys like this sends a message that it's okay to beat on women and I don't want any part of an organization that doesn't respect me as a fan and a woman. They won't get one nickel from me - the Bengals or the NFL.

How do you look your wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt in the eyes after cheering for a guy like this?!

So now you agree he was suspended and what was done to Mixon was beyond a typical red shirt season. Thanks for clearing up your misleading comments.

And on the gotcha game, you did it again in this post.

I don't mind, you are fun punching bag.

Fine, your right, they threw the book at him. I can't believe he was able to make it through it all. Poor guy.

Your accusations are vague and you can't even explain yourself. My posts had no other intentions than to express my opinion. You obviously took them wrong and when asked to explain you can't even be bothered to that, just more of the same. Punching bag? Really? Get out of here with that garbage.

Drafting guys like this sends a message that it's okay to beat on women and I don't want any part of an organization that doesn't respect me as a fan and a woman. They won't get one nickel from me - the Bengals or the NFL.

How do you look your wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt in the eyes after cheering for a guy like this?!

It only sends that message to people that want to see that message.

The message it sends is talent reigns supreme.

Fine, your right, they threw the book at him. I can't believe he was able to make it through it all. Poor guy.

Your accusations are vague and you can't even explain yourself. My posts had no other intentions than to express my opinion. You obviously took them wrong and when asked to explain you can't even be bothered to that, just more of the same. Punching bag? Really? Get out of here with that garbage.

You just can't help yourself. Now you are putting words in my mouth. :lol2:

I am not going anywhere...

Now we are talking felonies!!!???

Mixon committed a misdemeanor.

We are still at zero with your application?

Oh boy! You got me good on that one!

Talk about playing the gotcha game. :lol2:

It's impossible to try and have a discussion with you on here.

Bottom line, I would not give him or anyone else that beats a woman a chance if I were in charge of an NFL team. People can have whatever opinion they want on him. It doesn't bother me.

Oh boy! You got me good on that one!

Talk about playing the gotcha game. :lol2:

It's impossible to try and have a discussion with you on here.

Bottom line, I would not give him or anyone else that beats a woman a chance if I were in charge of an NFL team. People can have whatever opinion they want on him. It doesn't bother me.

I am asking you to clarify what crimes should keep someone out of the NFL and what crimes are you okay with someone having on their record and playing in the NFL?

I am asking you to clarify what crimes should keep someone out of the NFL and what crimes are you okay with someone having on their record and playing in the NFL?

I've already answered that question. Just because you don't like my answer, doesn't mean I'm going to answer it again.

Also while we are on the subject of Mixon being punished in addition to being suspended for a year at Oklahoma, being convicted criminally, and having a civil judgment against him I found this:

Last year's top pick, Jameis Winston, signed a contract worth $25.4 million, while the 17th pick in the draft received a deal worth just $9.8 million. In addition, only players among the top 19 picks received contracts that were fully guaranteed. Running back Todd Gurley, who was coming off a major knee injury, was the lone exception in that group.

Things really drop in the second round, where the average contract was worth about $4.8 million over four years ($1.2 million per year), according to Spotrac.com, but with only half of that guaranteed. The value of third-round contracts drops to $3.1 million, but takes an even bigger hit in guaranteed value, with the average contract worth just $682,000 in guaranteed money.

CHART: NFL rookie contracts - Business Insider

====================

In general terms I think most of us can agree Mixon would have been a 1st round Pick (most people thought a top 15 pick) but instead he went in the second round. Just using the numbers we see above it looks like Mixon's criminal offense cost him at least 5 million dollars on top of everything else, but probably more.

I've already answered that question. Just because you don't like my answer, doesn't mean I'm going to answer it again.

Okay, using your logic, most everyday Joe's that commit misdemeanors that drop off their records qualify for most jobs.