Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WCPO Channel 9 urging Boycott of Bengals

Featured Replies

  • Author
Only like 2% of all college football players are fortunate and/or talented enough to go pro. IMO, people like this guy should not get that privilege.

 

Humor us all, what jobs should Joe Mixon be allowed to hold and what jobs should Joe Mixon not be allowed to have?

  • Replies 107
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Oklahoma reshirted him for one year. If you consider that punishment I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

 

For me regarding the NFL, or any other potential employer, it's all about what he has learned and is he a changed person. Again, judging by his tweets and actions at the bowl game that answer is no. So if I was in charge, he wouldn't be eligible to work for my company until I had some level of comfort that he was on the right path.

 

So you are saying all the old news reports claiming Oklahoma suspended Mixon for a year are wrong?

 

And you really crack me up woodsrider, you are very quick to attempt to play the gotcha game with me.

Humor us all, what jobs should Joe Mixon be allowed to hold and what jobs should Joe Mixon not be allowed to have?

 

IDK, what did he go to college for? Go out and find a job like the average Joe has to do. Why should he get rewarded when there's a guy on some college campus right now that's just as good as him who didn't break some woman's cheekbone.

 

The almighty dollar wins again.

The NFL is a private corporation, they can do whatever they want.

 

If you have a problem with Mixon being in the NFL, which you obviously do, then your issue is with the NFL, not Joe Mixon and/or the Cincinnati Bengals.

 

I don't have an issue with him being in the NFL, or with him as a football player. I have an issue with him as a human being. He's not worth respect IMO. If not the Bengals, it would've been another team.

So you are saying all the old news reports claiming Oklahoma suspended Mixon for a year are wrong?

 

And you really crack me up woodsrider, you are very quick to attempt to play the gotcha game with me.

He was suspended from the team but allowed to stay in school and keep his scholarship. They applied the redshirt to the year so he didn't lose any years of eligibility.

 

And I don't have the first clue what you are talking about with the gotcha game. You act like he was appropriately punished and I disagree. No more no less. If think that is some playing a gotcha game I don't know what to tell you.

  • Author
IDK, what did he go to college for? Go out and find a job like the average Joe has to do. Why should he get rewarded when there's a guy on some college campus right now that's just as good as him who didn't break some woman's cheekbone.

 

The almighty dollar wins again.

 

Horrible logic...

  • Author
He was suspended from the team but allowed to stay in school and keep his scholarship. They applied the redshirt to the year so he didn't lose any years of eligibility.

 

And I don't have the first clue what you are talking about with the gotcha game. You act like he was appropriately punished and I disagree. No more no less. If think that is some playing a gotcha game I don't know what to tell you.

 

All the news reports say Oklahoma suspended him, if you say otherwise okay.

  • Author
I don't have an issue with him being in the NFL, or with him as a football player. I have an issue with him as a human being. He's not worth respect IMO. If not the Bengals, it would've been another team.

 

If that is your thinking, then you also think that way about many other NFL players too, correct?

Horrible logic...

 

Your opinion.

 

Doesn't matter anyway. The NFL and specifically the Bengals lost me as a fan a long time ago.

  • Author
Your opinion.

 

Doesn't matter anyway. The NFL and specifically the Bengals lost me as a fan a long time ago.

 

A mighty fine opinion I will add.

 

Gotcha now, you are just a hater hating.

If that is your thinking, then you also think that way about many other NFL players too, correct?

 

I do. I was very against the Patriots signing Floyd after he was released by the Cardinals for his latest DUI. There's a lot of guys that should be or would be in jail if they were normal joes. I'm not a fan of any of them.

  • Author
I do. I was very against the Patriots signing Floyd after he was released by the Cardinals for his latest DUI. There's a lot of guys that should be or would be in jail if they were normal joes. I'm not a fan of any of them.

 

Fair enough.

 

Is it fair to say that you have a zero tolerance policy for criminality in the NFL?

A mighty fine opinion I will add.

 

Gotcha now, you are just a hater hating.

 

Yep. I hate men who beat on women.

Fair enough.

 

Is it fair to say that you have a zero tolerance policy for criminality in the NFL?

 

I don't know if I'd say zero tolerance, but I think the ability to be employed in the NFL for guys with criminal history should be the same as it is for the everyday joe with a criminal record.

  • Author
Yep. I hate men who beat on women.

 

Switching gears now I see from the NFL and the Bengals... But I hear what you are saying above, what Mixon did was despicable.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.