Do You Believe in Alien Abduction???

Science Friction

I work in mental health.....guess again.

I've worked with schizophrenics and other individuals who are very sick and mentally ill. Hardly none of them talk about being abducted by aliens, or aliens in general. Could this happen to some? Possibly. But there have been hundreds or thousands of people who have zero psychiatric history and proven to be in their right mind who have had these experiences.

To dismiss the phenomena as just mental illness is naïve and taking the easy way out......

Ok. I guess thats me.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigfoot, alien abduction, Lochness Monster, ect...:lol2:

Does it make me naive if I dismiss these things because there is ZERO hard / creditable evidence to support them? If so I guess I'm naive.

I said it was naïve to dismiss the phenomena as just "mental illness".

You guys find a way to twist anything....

No, I don't believe in alien abductions and on that note - stop looking for aliens as if they are going to be all nice and love us humans. We treat this planet like crap and if there are intelligent life forms out there, they would surely kill us all if they came to earth.

I didn't twist anything. I asked a question.

No you were spinning the way I worded my post in an attempt to make me look foolish and less intelligent which is a tactic you and some of the other posters have been known to do in the past.

You made it sound as if I was saying anyone who did not believe in mythological creatures was naïve when clearly I was stating that it would be naïve to easily dismiss this phenomena as simply mental illness.

No you were spinning the way I worded my post in an attempt to make me look foolish and less intelligent which is a tactic you and some of the other posters have been known to do in the past.

You made it sound as if I was saying anyone who did not believe in mythological creatures was naïve when clearly I was stating that it would be naïve to easily dismiss this phenomena as simply mental illness.

I think someone would have to be crazy to believe in alien abductions. I'm not saying they're necessarily mentally ill, just crazy. :idunno:

Try again. I wasn't spinning anything and I wasn't trying to make you look foolish. You said dismissing this as mental illness is naive, I was trying to find out what other reasons for dismissing the "phenomena" qualified as naive.

No, I don't believe in alien abductions and on that note - stop looking for aliens as if they are going to be all nice and love us humans. We treat this planet like crap and if there are intelligent life forms out there, they would surely kill us all if they came to earth.

Some of you anyway. :sarcastic:

I think someone would have to be crazy to believe in alien abductions. I'm not saying they're necessarily mentally ill, just crazy. :idunno:

Research Dr. David Jacobs and tell me if you think he is crazy......

The way some of you are easily able to just dismiss things is mind blowing to me. Not saying I believe 100% or feel someone is foolish for not believing. However, my thing is how do you know? And what makes you know so much that you can call others "crazy". I guess you must hold all of the knowledge to the universe and all of the secrets, or perhaps that's just how it sounds.

Has there ever been anything in your life that you have witnessed that you thought was impossible? It's like if you do not agree with something or don't believe in something than you must be "crazy" for believing it. Granted the idea of the abduction phenomena is "out there", but thousands or perhaps hundreds of thousands of people have reported this experience, so are they crazy?

I feel sometimes man's biggest weakness is thinking we know everything. In fact, we do not have a clue. Science is always proving things to be correct that for sometime were perhaps thought of as "impossible". I always think back to the Socrates quote in which someone made the statement that he was the most intelligent man on earth. Socrates' reply was he was only wise because he was smart enough to realize he didn't know anything. I think that is our problem sometimes is we think we know everything and our opinions are the only possibilities out there. I have a feeling some people are going to be very taken aback when some of the things that are "crazy" and "impossible" happen first hand.

All I'm going to say is we know very little about this life, this world, this universe, and the workings of such. To feel as if we know 100% about anything is a mistake IMO. There are plenty of things that exist out there that may never be explained, perhaps this phenomenon is one of them. But I guess it's just easier to call everybody crazy when they speak about something that "I don't believe in".

Does he believe in alien abductions? If so, the answer to your question is yes.

And you can say that without reading one drop of his work?

As I said above, guess you know everything then. Care to give me lotto numbers or some other earth shattering knowledge? Obviously you must know everything to know all of these people are just "crazy". Regardless of how I feel about the subject I think it is dangerous to label and stereotype people. From what I've researched this typically happens to just your average Joe. I would hate to be thought of as crazy my whole life for something I had no control over. That is why most of the victims in this scenario never come forward so who knows how many actual cases there is.

I just don't understand why these people have to be "crazy". I for one have no idea what is going on with this phenomena or what to think about it, but the last thing I want to do is label someone who has a different opinion or perception than me.

Does he believe in alien abductions? If so, the answer to your question is yes.

And also, to answer your question...

Yes he believes now, but started as a stone cold skeptic ready to disprove all of these instances. He too perhaps thought these people were "crazy" or that there was another underlying theme going on.

However, after studying hundreds of cases no longer is he a skeptic, but now convinced.

This is someone who would know 1,000,000,000,000,000X more than what most people could ever know about the situation. I would trust his research more than someone on a message board with an opinion......

And you can say that without reading one drop of his work?

As I said above, guess you know everything then. Care to give me lotto numbers or some other earth shattering knowledge? Obviously you must know everything to know all of these people are just "crazy". Regardless of how I feel about the subject I think it is dangerous to label and stereotype people. From what I've researched this typically happens to just your average Joe. I would hate to be thought of as crazy my whole life for something I had no control over. That is why most of the victims in this scenario never come forward so who knows how many actual cases there is.

I just don't understand why these people have to be "crazy". I for one have no idea what is going on with this phenomena or what to think about it, but the last thing I want to do is label someone who has a different opinion or perception than me.

I THINK they are crazy. Doesn't mean they are, means that in my opinion they are.

People that believe in alien abductions are crazy IMO. Doesn't mean they aren't intelligent, doesn't mean they aren't nice or good people. Just means I think they have some far out there, crazy ideas/opinions.

I'm quite confident some people think some of my opinons/views are out there or crazy. I'm cool with that.