And now the Dems...

All Tell

Secretary of Commerce, 2009.

Failed nomination of Judd Gregg (2009)[edit]

On February 3, 2009, President Obama nominated New Hampshire Senator Judd Gregg, a Republican. The nomination initially drew criticism, as it would likely give the Democrats in the Senate a super-majority, assuming Al Franken would be seated from Minnesota (as he eventually was) and the two independents regularly voted with the Democrats.[95] Republican Senator Gregg would have been replaced by someone chosen by the state's Governor John Lynch, a Democrat.

Initially, Senator Mitch McConnell announced that he would prevent an attempt to achieve a super majority by the President. After talks, President Obama as well as Senator Gregg assured that it would not be used as an attempt to change the makeup of the Senate.[96]

On February 12, Senator Gregg announced that he had withdrawn from nomination, citing his fundamental disagreement with the Obama administration on "issues such as the stimulus package and the Census."[

Secretary of Labor 2009

Hilda Solis (2009–2013)[edit]

Solis speaks at the announcement of her being chosen as the new Secretary of Labor; President-elect Barack Obama looks on, as does U.S. Trade Representative nominee Ron Kirk.

Hilda Solis assumed office as Secretary of Labor on February 24, 2009 when she was confirmed by the Senate by a vote of 80–17, although her confirmation hearings had been stalled due to Republican concerns over her support of the Employee Free Choice Act and her desire to reverse the Bush Administration's policies to the H-2A Guest Worker Act[105] and tax problems with her husband.[106] On February 11, 2009, Solis's nomination passed the committee phase.[107]

Since you only want first term examples, will these do? We are what, 10 days into the term and it's the greatest dragging of a feet by a political party in history???

Come on. It's always been this way.

It will due. It shows 2 nominees took some time. 1 withdrew on his own. In Trumps case, how many have been confirmed?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

DeVos is BAD. The rest i'm less concerned with...heck I even respect Tillerson more after the hearings, but I don't care if you believe in federal education or not; she is awful.

I honestly believe she isn't Trump's. I may be wrong, but I think she may be a party payback for all the donations she has made.

If the Dems care and know these appointments are bad then why not pass them and prove who was right.

Or are they just vindictive about Trump winning and hurting him which is hurting America if he is right.

Or maybe they want what is best for America too.

It will due. It shows 2 nominees took some time. 1 withdrew on his own. In Trumps case, how many have been confirmed?

It's been less than two weeks. How many should be. Just heard DeVos passed thru committee.

By the way, and this is aimed at no one in particular, why do I have to do everyone's home work and look it all up?

It's been less than two weeks. How many should be. Just heard DeVos passed thru committee.

By the way, and this is aimed at no one in particular, why do I have to do everyone's home work and look it all up?

Within his first week in office Obama had 11 of his confirmed. See link in #18.

So a non Doctor should head up the AMA?

A non-lawyer should be Attorney General?

Maybe someone who has never served nor worked with the military should be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs?

I have no problem for someone outside of Washington head up the DEA but for a person who has never been in, had a child in, dealt with the issues of the Public School Systems anywhere in this country? Not to mention provided answers or non-answers that revealed little knowledge in systems of Education? No Thanks.

If your goal is to get rid of the agency (as you've stated in the past), that's fine. At least find someone who has some basic knowledge of how to do that other than "turn the lights off when you leave."

Look, I'm not naive enough to believe the department is going anywhere. However to disqualify someone because they didn't go to public school is asinine. And considering where the US ranks versus the world in education the status quo sure as hell isn't working. But by all means let's continue to do more of the same.

Look, I'm not naive enough to believe the department is going anywhere. However to disqualify someone because they didn't go to public school is asinine. And considering where the US ranks versus the world in education the status quo sure as hell isn't working. But by all means let's continue to do more of the same.

1. You obviously didn't watch her hearings. She has no clue where we stand.

B. What she/Trump/party proposes isn't close to what the rest of the world is doing.

My question was more rhetorical. The fact is the Democrats are doing everything they can to delay the inevitable. The Republicans did not do that to Obama.

No, what is asinine is your assumption that this is my only problem with the woman. Sorry but I've posted many of my concerns about this woman for this position, none of which you address in your post because you haven't read my other posts. Just because you can't pay attention to her answers about IDEA and other issues doesn't make my perspective asinine. It might however reveal more about your assertion.

My question was more rhetorical. The fact is the Democrats are doing everything they can to delay the inevitable. The Republicans did not do that to Obama.

I'm not into keeping score. I'm interested in today, not eight years ago. I think I stated that clearly already.