KHSAA now in charge of middle school sports in Kentucky.

dallaslaredo

Should have been along time ago to keep schools from playing 15 year old hold backs on 8th grade.

I was talking to a guy several years ago at a middle school game. He was talking about all of the hold backs on their team. I mentioned that a couple of them probably wouldn't be able to play as seniors due to their age. He said, " Ah they they are just waiting til after the season to drop out anyway, they are already 16"

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to a guy several years ago at a middle school game. He was talking about all of the hold backs on their team. I mentioned that a couple of them probably wouldn't be able to play as seniors due to their age. He said, " Ah they they are just waiting til after the season to drop out anyway, they are already 16"

10 years ago that was the case.

I'll not name the school but it is close to where I work. My first year teaching (2005) I was the middle school baseball coach. We played at this particular school one day. Thinking the umpires were assigned, I asked if either had worked a XXX County game that season. They both said "yes." I then asked what kind of team they had. One ump responded, "well, we're pretty good this year. Better than we've been in the past!" :lol2:

What is Boyle County? :D

So, in Lousiville, does this have any effect on CSAA sports? I would suspect no, since it is all Catholic schools, but wondering.

No it doesn't but the CSAA, at least for football, uses certified officials. I'm still trying to get my head around why this is controversial.

How will schools now budget for the added expense ?

Based on this, all middle school games must have an authorized medical representative present for every game now to meet protocol requirements.

I doubt that has been the case previously.

I believe there will be an additional incurred expense for officiating fees for some schools and increase the difficulty in obtaining officials (due to availability)

How will schools now budget for the added expense ?

Based on this, all middle school games must have an authorized medical representative present for every game now to meet protocol requirements.

I doubt that has been the case previously.

I believe there will be an additional incurred expense for officiating fees for some schools and increase the difficulty in obtaining officials (due to availability)

For Football and wrestling this has been a requirement for many years (even before KHSAA took over MS) so not much additional cost there. For Basketball and other sports not sure.