KHSAA now in charge of middle school sports in Kentucky.

dallaslaredo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that middle school games will require KHSAA officials. I'm guessing that's not happening today.

It's sure come a long way since my middle schools days in the late 1960's (called junior high at my school). We played a school in Breathitt County called Turner's Creek. Half the team was named Turner, the coach was a Turner, and both refs were Turner's, and 2/3 of the fans in attendance were named Turner.

The ref uniforms were Chuck All Star Converses, jeans and T-shirts. Needless to say we never won a game in that small gym. When you're getting ready to jump the ball to start the game and one kid says to the ref, "Uncle Joe, are you coming over tonight to watch Bonanza?" Well, at that point you know it's game over.:D

It's sure come a long way since my middle schools days in the late 1960's (called junior high at my school). We played a school in Breathitt County called Turner's Creek. Half the team was named Turner, the coach was a Turner, and both refs were Turner's, and 2/3 of the fans in attendance were named Turner.

The ref uniforms were Chuck All Star Converses, jeans and T-shirts. Needless to say we never won a game in that small gym. When you're getting ready to jump the ball to start the game and one kid says to the ref, "Uncle Joe, are you coming over tonight to watch Bonanza?" Well, at that point you know it's game over.:D

I'll not name the school but it is close to where I work. My first year teaching (2005) I was the middle school baseball coach. We played at this particular school one day. Thinking the umpires were assigned, I asked if either had worked a XXX County game that season. They both said "yes." I then asked what kind of team they had. One ump responded, "well, we're pretty good this year. Better than we've been in the past!" :lol2: