1st Lit ratings:

02Ram54

The top 20

And the top 10 by class:

Class A

Class AA

Class AAA

Class 4-A

Surprised by the lack of respect for Male. I still think they are the best team in the state at this point. JMO.

They are giving up too many points to mediocre teams. That kind of thing really affects Lit and Massey. X has blanked Lex Cath and held a stout Highlands offense to 21. Trinity held Manual to just 3 points. I can't argue with making X #1 based on their undefeated record against a very demanding schedule. Male is still unproven against top tier competition. They'll get a chance against what appears to be a pretty good team in two weeks when they travel to Owensboro.

It is too early to worry about rankings. These ranking don't make that much sense. Here are some examples:

South Oldham is 3-1 (lost to a good Shelby Co. team in the last min. by 3 points) is ranked #19. While I did not expect us to be any higher we were ranked higher last year with the exact same record after a 2 point loss to Shelby Co.

Example # 2: PRP is ranked #14 in 4A and is 4-0. I don't get it. It is not like they have not played good schools.

Example #3: Tates Creek is 4-0 and is ranked behind Mad. Central and Ballard both teams they have beaten. How can you be ranked behind someone if you are undefeated and have already beat them? (this is like ranking Ohio State #2 and putting Texas #1)