Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1st Lit ratings:

Featured Replies

The top 20

 

And the top 10 by class:

 

Class A

 

Class AA

 

Class AAA

 

Class 4-A

 

Surprised by the lack of respect for Male. I still think they are the best team in the state at this point. JMO.

Surprised by the lack of respect for Male. I still think they are the best team in the state at this point. JMO.

 

They are giving up too many points to mediocre teams. That kind of thing really affects Lit and Massey. X has blanked Lex Cath and held a stout Highlands offense to 21. Trinity held Manual to just 3 points. I can't argue with making X #1 based on their undefeated record against a very demanding schedule. Male is still unproven against top tier competition. They'll get a chance against what appears to be a pretty good team in two weeks when they travel to Owensboro.

One thing I will say about the Litratings: They are always controversial.

How are the Lit Ratings tabulated? Does anyone know the formula?

I think it's kept in the same vault as the recipe for Krispy Kreme doughnuts and the formula for Coca-Cola. Only like 3 people on the entire planet know the specifics.

Only Duke knows the entire formula, and he ain't talking...

 

.

BBsplash_photo.jpeg

Only Duke knows the entire formula, and he ain't talking...

 

 

:D :D :lol: Thanks Watusi, that was better than a morning coffee.

Only Duke knows the entire formula, and he ain't talking...

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just spit my coffee all over the table!! That's funny right there.

I know in the past the Lit ratings didn't start to reflect reality until just before playoff time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

 

I think I need some windex and a towel too!

I am glad to see Raceland get some well deserved respect in the class A rating. I just now got the coffee cleaned up from "the only Duke knows" post.

Bardstown ahead of Beechwood and Danville? Can't agree with that at this point.

It is too early to worry about rankings. These ranking don't make that much sense. Here are some examples:

South Oldham is 3-1 (lost to a good Shelby Co. team in the last min. by 3 points) is ranked #19. While I did not expect us to be any higher we were ranked higher last year with the exact same record after a 2 point loss to Shelby Co.

 

Example # 2: PRP is ranked #14 in 4A and is 4-0. I don't get it. It is not like they have not played good schools.

 

Example #3: Tates Creek is 4-0 and is ranked behind Mad. Central and Ballard both teams they have beaten. How can you be ranked behind someone if you are undefeated and have already beat them? (this is like ranking Ohio State #2 and putting Texas #1)

Bardstown ahead of Beechwood and Danville? Can't agree with that at this point.

My thoughts also. Glad to see Raceland get some recognition. Next week polls may be interesting as most teams begin district play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.