Southern California 52 Penn State 49

Hellbird

I have no problem with 8 teams, but I'll never agree to automatic bids for Conference Champs...

10-4 VaTech was 2 plays from beating Clemson in the Conference Title Game

We've seen PAC champs with 3 or 4 losses also in the past.

Keep Committee and give me the top 8, if two teams are close and one won the Conf then they get the edge...other wise give me the top 8. Which mean this year, half of the 8 would have been from the B1G...which would be fine if they are in the top 8.

Maybe not allow a team with 3 losses in unless there were no other teams left with less losses.

...........and a last second missed field goal by NC State.

............and a no call obvious PI call in the end zone 2nd last play of the UofL game.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did the ACC come into play?

I think there used to be a tie to the Peach Bowl. ACC was treated as at large. To be honest the only time I recall that they had a big time team was Clemson in '81 and Maryland in '75.

I was right there with you until tonight and seeing what comes from the Rose Bowl being the Big 10 Champ and the PAC 12 Champ. That's special and I don't want to lose that from college football.

You don't have to lose that. Something people are not even thinking about is the game last night was great between 2 pretty evenly matched teams. No defense and all

offense.

Just because the game was great doesn't mean any of those teams could compete with Bama or Clemson. I always scratch my head when people look at one game and from that game they determine that teams in that one game can compete and beat other teams that are ranked higher.

Everyone knows you can't garuntee what will happen between teams that haven't faced each other.

When did the ACC come into play?

From 1968 to 1996, the Orange Bowl was tied to the Big 8. When the Big 8 became the Big 12, they moved their affiliation to the Fiesta Bowl. The ACC had no bowl tie-ins, per say at that point.

From 1998 to 2005, the Orange Bowl took the Champion of either the Big East or the ACC. In 2006, the ACC became the sole tie-in for the Orange Bowl.

That's the best I got.