Southern California 52 Penn State 49

Hellbird

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see a playoff that matched up the Big 10 Champ and the PAC 12 Champ as it should be on the highest stage I was never a big proponent of the champs automatically getting in an 8 team playoff because you could get a 3 or 4 loss champ in a fluky way that they didn't deserve. But in this case I love it.

8 team playoff:

Rose Bowl: PAC 12 Champ Big 10 Champ

Sugar Bowl: SEC Champ Big 12 Champ

Orange Bowl: ACC Champ vs. at large

Fiesta Bowl: at-large vs. at large

Seed them after these games. College football deserves this.

Teams that PSU and USC lost to this year and why they didn't make the playoffs.

Alabama

Stanford

Utah

Michigan

Pitt

To be fair you can say OSU lost to the team who lost to Michigan and Pitt. Meaning if those games were going to count against Penn St. Then OSU should have had no business losing to Penn state.

That is why we need an 8 team playoff. An argument could have been made either way for OSU or Penn State.

Was Penn State playing a lot better than OSU at the end of the year? Probably. But are we going to act like 2 losses is greater than 1 when the team with 1 loss played a harder schedule too? If you want someone to blame for OSU being in blame Oklahoma and Wisconsin (both great teams) who had shots to beat OSU at home and Michigan who had their best team in a decade coming into Columbus against the youngest team in the country and lost. Don't blame OSU. They did what they had to do win. They lost to Penn State on the road (the 2nd hardest place in the country to play in my eyes) in a super fluky fashion (a blocked punt and field goal). That win propelled Penn State to the season they wound up having. Also blame Penn State for losing to Pitt and by 39 to Michigan. You won't get a denial from me that Penn State would probably beat Ohio State if they played again at the end of the year. But they probably should have lost to them the first time and they had 2 other bad losses. Blame them for not handling their business. Commend Ohio State for taking care of theirs.

Was Penn State playing a lot better than OSU at the end of the year? Probably. But are we going to act like 2 losses is greater than 1 when the team with 1 loss played a harder schedule too? If you want someone to blame for OSU being in blame Oklahoma and Wisconsin (both great teams) who had shots to beat OSU at home and Michigan who had their best team in a decade coming into Columbus against the youngest team in the country and lost. Don't blame OSU. They did what they had to do win. They lost to Penn State on the road (the 2nd hardest place in the country to play in my eyes) in a super fluky fashion (a blocked punt and field goal). That win propelled Penn State to the season they wound up having. Also blame Penn State for losing to Pitt and by 39 to Michigan. You won't get a denial from me that Penn State would probably beat Ohio State if they played again at the end of the year. But they probably should have lost to them the first time and they had 2 other bad losses. Blame them for not handling their business. Commend Ohio State for taking care of theirs.

Still funny hearing you say this. Considering you were saying a 2 lost big 10 champ should make it in over a 1 lost Michigan team back when we discussed that possibility. It's funny how your opinion on that matter changed when OSU was that one lost team and the big 10 champ was a 2 lost team. Same scenario except one was a team you hated in Michigan who you said shouldn't make it as a 1 lost team over a 2 lost big 10 champ. While OSU a team you love you believe should in the same scenario. Another case of OSU arrogant, cocky, delusional fan base that makes people hate OSU lol.

a light mist about 2 hours before the game. Rose Bowl surface is one of the best. I don't know why there was so much slippage.

It wasn't just slippage, the turf was coming up in chunks from the opening kickoff. I would bet any amount of money they just resurfaced it for the game. It looked just like the Orange Bowl did for the Bengals last SB and how Krumrie broke his ankle. The new turf didn't have time to set and it comes up in chunks. I bet you anything that turf was put down at the most a couple weeks ago.

To be fair you can say OSU lost to the team who lost to Michigan and Pitt. Meaning if those games were going to count against Penn St. Then OSU should have had no business losing to Penn state.

That is why we need an 8 team playoff. An argument could have been made either way for OSU or Penn State.

True except for one major issue. OSU only had 1 loss. The others had 2

Still funny hearing you say this. Considering you were saying a 2 lost big 10 champ should make it in over a 1 lost Michigan team back when we discussed that possibility. It's funny how your opinion on that matter changed when OSU was that one lost team and the big 10 champ was a 2 lost team. Same scenario except one was a team you hated in Michigan who you said shouldn't make it as a 1 lost team over a 2 lost big 10 champ. While OSU a team you love you believe should in the same scenario. Another case of OSU arrogant, cocky, delusional fan base that makes people hate OSU lol.

OSU was a better team at that point in time than Michigan. Also I'm always going to give you the opinion that helps my team. That's my duty as a fan. Haha also don't forget I loathe Penn State too. But I'll give you that one is 100% because of the fans but for non football reasons. They still support Paterno and Sandusky. Any chance I get to knock them I'm taking it.

It wasn't just slippage, the turf was coming up in chunks from the opening kickoff. I would bet any amount of money they just resurfaced it for the game. It looked just like the Orange Bowl did for the Bengals last SB and how Krumrie broke his ankle. The new turf didn't have time to set and it comes up in chunks. I bet you anything that turf was put down at the most a couple weeks ago.

I believe they said it was the same turf that USC and UCLA played on the last week of the season. So at least over a month. I may have heard that wrong, but I believe that's what they said.

OSU was a better team at that point in time than Michigan. Also I'm always going to give you the opinion that helps my team. That's my duty as a fan. Haha also don't forget I loathe Penn State too. But I'll give you that one is 100% because of the fans but for non football reasons. They still support Paterno and Sandusky. Any chance I get to knock them I'm taking it.

Ha I am fine with you admitting it is because you are an OSU fan. However when we called you out on that and said we bet you would feel different if OSU was that one lost team and not the team you hate. You said no, you truly believed a 2 lost big 10 champ would deserve to be in over a 1 lost Michigan team.

We're good now then on that subject, because I am definitely fine with people's opinion changing when their team in involved. Was just trying to get you to admit that your bias does change your opinion lol.

True except for one major issue. OSU only had 1 loss. The others had 2

I get it. We had this discussion many times on here. All year I said a 1 lost Michigan or OSU would get in even if they didn't win the Big 10. Me and GRANTNKY disagreed on it because at the time he believed a 2 lost big 10 champ should make it in over a 1 lost Michigan when it had looked like that could be a possibility. I was fine with OSU making it.

However these results show imo that we need 8, and should have automatic bids for winning your conference and 3 at large. I don't think this year would have matters because Clemson and Bama would still get there. However at least we know for a fact the champ was determined on the field and not by opinions.

Ha I am fine with you admitting it is because you are an OSU fan. However when we called you out on that and said we bet you would feel different if OSU was that one lost team and not the team you hate. You said no, you truly believed a 2 lost big 10 champ would deserve to be in over a 1 lost Michigan team.

We're good now then on that subject, because I am definitely fine with people's opinion changing when their team in involved. Was just trying to get you to admit that your bias does change your opinion lol.

Of course it does. I'll admit that at a later date (like now), but you are a much better person than I if you can flip your bias off like a light switch during the season.

Of course it does. I'll admit that at a later date (like now), but you are a much better person than I if you can flip your bias off like a light switch during the season.

Oh I understand lol. We were just pointing our your bias was playing in that opinion, even though at the time you didn't think so lol.

Funny you mention that. During the Florida/Iowa game they mentioned that once the game was finished they ground crew would begin ripping up the field and lay down new sod. Having done plenty of work laying sod in my life, I thought that sounded crazy at the time.