Is Highlands looking to hire an Offensive Coordinator?

UK#1fanisback

I hear what you're saying, but when a lot of HHS fans tell you that a lot of those points (with the exception of the last 3 years) have come against backups in the second half, they would be right.

Example. Your example of 37 points in 2012. The second one you list for 2012. That is Scott county. HHS didn't allow even a first down in the first half and the final score was 60-37. And HHS played subs on offense and daefense the entire second half.

Other than the last three years, you can't look at scores to determine how good/bad their defense was. Just not a true measuring stick because in MANY cases, their starting def wasn't on the field when the maroruty of those points were scored. And when you play good teams and score so fast that you give the ball right back, those good teams are going to score occasionally! That was another reason some teams put up some scores because they got the ball back so fast and have several posessions to score. So I will give you all the way back to the 2013 year that the defense was suspect to atrocious in some of those years. But before that, I'm not buying it.

I have seen them play 2 years in a row and the defense was horrible.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen them play 2 years in a row and the defense was horrible.

So what ya got on this "rumor" that you started? You said a Bird follower told you, yet you never revealed a source and no one has offered up any information to date.

I will ask this question again, is there a job opening posted on the school website for a football coach?

So what ya got on this "rumor" that you started? You said a Bird follower told you, yet you never revealed a source and no one has offered up any information to date.

I will ask this question again, is there a job opening posted on the school website for a football coach?

Does every school post football (or basketball openings) or do most of them sneak around first and then post something once they have their guy/girl?

Does every school post football (or basketball openings) or do most of them sneak around first and then post something once they have their guy/girl?

Not sure about most schools but I'm pretty sure HHS posts every paid position...even if they have someone in mind to take a spot.

Not sure about most schools but I'm pretty sure HHS posts every paid position...even if they have someone in mind to take a spot.

I think we are saying the same thing. I understand by rule new positions have to be posted but I wonder how many schools do unofficial searches in situations like this and don't post anything until they decide to make it official.

All I am saying is just because a school hasn't posted something doesn't it make it so.

And in general terms, schools go to great lengths to hide what is going on from the general public.

I believe, but am not 100% sure that Fort Thomas Schools actually post the positions. There may be some dialogue with candidates before something is actually posted, but there is still a posting before someone is hired.

If we knew the "source" of this information, we might know how credible it actually is. As it stands right now, we only know that it is supposedly a Bird supporter.

I don't have to reveal my source and I know plenty of Highlands people.

Nope! You don't! But it would be much more believable and a lot easier for us to get the answer to the question you are asking. I assume you really wanted an answer right? Well sometimes it really helps to know where the noise is coming from so we can track it down for ya!

Just cause you live in Ft Thomas don't mean your a highlands guy. A lot of NCC people live in Ft Thomas. So that's not the same birdie!

I hear what you're saying, but when a lot of HHS fans tell you that a lot of those points (with the exception of the last 3 years) have come against backups in the second half, they would be right...

I thought this response would happen which is why I did the comparative analysis of Highlands vs. Trinity and BG during the same time span. Highlands, like T and BG plays with 100+ players on a pretty regular basis. Like Highlands, BG and Trinity play challenging schedules, and like Highlands, they often blow opponents out with the starters.

But that's where the similarity ends.

Look again at this stat: Number of times giving up 25+ points since 2011:

BG: 8

Trinity: 15

Highlands: 35

Three programs that are essentially on the same level in terms of expectations and participation. But Highlands is light years behind the other two in terms of keeping opponents under 25. If the "we pulled our starters" theory were true, it should hold true for BG and Trinity as well. But it doesn't.

I have never understood why Highlands fans argue that they're good on defense. The numbers simply do not agree.

Highlands has developed an offense problem since Dale left. But since at least 2011, they have had a serious defense problem.

I thought this response would happen which is why I did the comparative analysis of Highlands vs. Trinity and BG during the same time span. Highlands, like T and BG plays with 100+ players on a pretty regular basis. Like Highlands, BG and Trinity play challenging schedules, and like Highlands, they often blow opponents out with the starters.

But that's where the similarity ends.

Look again at this stat: Number of times giving up 25+ points since 2011:

BG: 8

Trinity: 15

Highlands: 35

Three programs that are essentially on the same level in terms of expectations and participation. But Highlands is light years behind the other two in terms of keeping opponents under 25. If the "we pulled our starters" theory were true, it should hold true for BG and Trinity as well. But it doesn't.

I have never understood why Highlands fans argue that they're good on defense. The numbers simply do not agree.

Highlands has developed an offense problem since Dale left. But since at least 2011, they have had a serious defense problem.

And you think comparing to other schools (that are outside their class) makes it scientific or something? I don't care what you want to put up here in comparison. I was at several of those games and I know when teams scored. The defenses were just fine up til 3-4 years ago. They started to struggle then.

The ONLY way to tell whether you are right or not is to break down each of those games individually. And if you did, you'd find out that several of those points were scored in second halves against other players. You can do all your comparisons you want, I saw several of the game you speak of live! I know what happened and you are speculating and trying to make comparison.

Again, I agree with you from about the year they lost to Collins in the state their defenses have not been great. Which I think was 2013. However, before that they were just fine. Was their offense better than their defense, yes. In most years. But their defense wasn't bad. That's just not true.

If you really want to prove your point, go back to those years and tell me what the scores were at halftime compared to the finals. And tell us who they were playing. And tell us did HHS sub early while their opponents left in starters. You'll get the truth. I know the truth. I was at most of them. I don't need your comparisons and analysis.

It's really funny when someone tries to create facts and debate with people that know the real facts.

But keep popping out numbers. They don't always tell the whole story. Just looking at past scores without knowing the context of each game really tells us nothing.

To be honest, I could care less when their defense was good and not good. They have 22 state championships. I just think it's funny how many HHS "experts" there are out there that think they know everything about the program and are usually very wrong.

So I went back too. Since you looked at the numbers, so did I.

In 2011, twice teams scored more than 25. Cov cath 37 and Elder 29. Two pretty good teams that year.

In 2012, 5 teams scored over 25. Boyle, SC (already told you about this game) Holmes (which I think was 52-0 at half), Elder and Lex Cath (which was also a blow out at half).

I can tell you that in the SC, Holmes, and Lex Cath games, almost all the points were scored in the second half against subs. Period. In the Boyle game, BC jumped out in the first half of the game and took the lead into half time. They had scored 24. HHS won 52-31. And I think Boyle scored very late in that game to get to 31. So they did get punched in the face by and fired up BC team in the first game of the season, absolutely! ...but HHS basically shut them out in the second half.

And yes, I was in attendance of almost all these games and know exactly what happened. Heck in a lot of games that year, I didn't even see some of the scores because we left early because the game was a little boring.

So you stated that 35 times since 2011 hhs has had 25 or more scored. That sounds like a lot all the way back to then. But in reality 28 of those have come since 2013....when we already agree they werent very good on defense!!! And the 2012 season was when they beat everyone pretty bad and starters rarely played in the second half! I saw that entire season...except for the Holmes game and the state finals.

So let's talk facts, not speculation.

Edited by RCC9

Please stop. It's really hard (but I'm trying) to find your posts credible. You get all this info about Highlands from a friend of a friend who knows a Highlands guy. :lol2: