Is Highlands looking to hire an Offensive Coordinator?

UK#1fanisback

The original poster's semantics may have indeed been off. The gist of the story, evidently, was not.

I would have thought that HHS supporters would have been shouting from the rooftops as soon as they heard the news, though.

Agree 100% and certainly counterintuitive.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original poster's semantics may have indeed been off. The gist of the story, evidently, was not.

I would have thought that HHS supporters would have been shouting from the rooftops as soon as they heard the news, though.

HHS posters are few and far between anymore on here and honestly, the OP is the last person I trust when it comes to anything regarding Highlands. I just don't get the obsession.

I am a HHS grad and knew Kevin and actually played baseball with him (he was a couple of grades ahead of me). Great guy and his involvement in the program can only be a good thing. I could not care less if he is paid or not. I wonder if him joining the staff in any capacity may lead to a more prominent role later. Either way, having quality people and good football minds around the football team is very positive for the program.

I think it's fantastic that you care so much about what's going on with Highlands athletics. Who knew you were a closet Birds fan.

And we all know softball will be his main priority!!!!

We are both lucky to have him!!! Outstanding guy and role model for our athletes!!

What caused the fall for Mr. Siple from HC at Indian Hill a few years ago to volunteering now?

Not a fall. He is helping the softball and football teams at HHS. Coming back to his roots and giving back. A "thank you" to the coaches and community that got him his start. He is an asset to any program.

Why haven't we said anything, well we did in the softball forum. And we have to wait until we are confident it's gonna workout on the football side.

As far as him being the OC...I doubt it. He has a lot going on and that takes full time commitment. So as JOAT said, we add volunteers to all our athletic staffs all the time (all sports) Heck, I have as many volunteer coaches as I do paid on the softball staff! However, we typically only announce the actual hires.

And as far as Kevin goes, yes it's KEVIN SIPLE! A former head coach with a ton of knowledge and experience. But to us it just lil Kevin coming home to help!! Lol!

BGpreppers, oK, here's the deal. I have no agenda. Brian was nice enough to allow me to be a part of the Program. I told him that I will help wherever HE thinks will help the kids the most. So I get to work with QBs and RBs. Same with softball and Rob. That school gave me far more than I could ever give back. Coaches and teachers at HHS gave me the skills, and the confidence to be a good husband, father, and teacher/coach. I have no idea where I would be if those amazing people would not have been so selfless and present in my life. I owe that school everything. I can't donate a bunch of money, but I can give them my time. So that's really all the thinking here. Happy New Year.

BTW thank you for all the kind words on your posts.

Siple

BGpreppers, oK, here's the deal. I have no agenda. Brian was nice enough to allow me to be a part of the Program. I told him that I will help wherever HE thinks will help the kids the most. So I get to work with QBs and RBs. Same with softball and Rob. That school gave me far more than I could ever give back. Coaches and teachers at HHS gave me the skills, and the confidence to be a good husband, father, and teacher/coach. I have no idea where I would be if those amazing people would not have been so selfless and present in my life. I owe that school everything. I can't donate a bunch of money, but I can give them my time. So that's really all the thinking here. Happy New Year.

BTW thank you for all the kind words on your posts.

Siple

Well said. Now you can keep those internet guys in check. They get out of hand sometime.

You amaze me JOAT, but I am sure glad you are here. :thumb:

And to answer your question, any high school that brings Kevin Siple on staff and doesn't use his talents to help coordinate their offense should be banned from postseason play by the KHSAA.

Not sure his addition is a positive or a negative.