Is Highlands looking to hire an Offensive Coordinator?

UK#1fanisback

Real talk.. Siple will certainly help and be a welcome addition on Offense...

But my question is what is Highlands going to do to improve that Defense which allowed 42 points per game (would have been 46 points if not for Grant County)?

I think some of this will start to address itself with personel in the coming years. They were very small this year on defense. I'm not sure how much changes this coming year, but it should be on the way back up. Outside of that, I'm not sure what you change. They have plenty of staff that know plenty about defense.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of this will start to address itself with personel in the coming years. They were very small this year on defense. I'm not sure how much changes this coming year, but it should be on the way back up. Outside of that, I'm not sure what you change. They have plenty of staff that know plenty about defense.

I think you are right for the most part but the defense definitely missed Coach W and I think it definitely misses the edge/mentality that Coach Meadows used to instill into the entire defense even though he only coached DB's.

Changing the entire offense to a more run oriented style will take some horses as well as a deep line. Do they have horses coming back in the backfield? Who will fill the spots at Tackle?

I don't think they need to change the whole offense. They just need to mix up play selection and pace to fit what is going on in the game.

Sorry for the peanut gallery from outside the program posts. My points are certainly from afar as I am not close to the Bluebird program. I am just trying to promote the discussion.

I don't think they need to change the whole offense. They just need to mix up play selection and pace to fit what is going on in the game.

Sorry for the peanut gallery from outside the program posts. My points are certainly from afar as I am not close to the Bluebird program. I am just trying to promote the discussion.

Lol don't be afraid to say things, I know some of these HHS posters get all bent out of shape over the smallest comments. I wouldn't let it bother you.

I think moving Coach Weinrich back to defense is a step in the right direction.

130 posts to finally get this thing headed in the right direction. It is not a fix of the offense now is it? The offense will not be changing as has been suggested by several earlier. They always attempt to adjust the offensive scheme to the players that they have on that side of the ball.

Two years ago, it took them awhile to realize that the success of the team hinged on the running game and that the success of the passing game hinged on that same running game. Thus a big reason why the offense became much more efficient in the second half of the season.

Three years ago, Beau Hoge could do just about anything and thus you had a very powerful offense.

Changing the entire offense to a more run oriented style will take some horses as well as a deep line. Do they have horses coming back in the backfield? Who will fill the spots at Tackle?

My response was just a joke. I love the offense they run. Spread out.

I still am just AMAZED that Highlands folks want to "fix the offense" but are OK with the defense. Just. Amazing.

I'm also AMAZED that the NKY football programs worry more about Highlands than trying to figure out how to beat Trinity, X and Male. :lol2: