Is Highlands looking to hire an Offensive Coordinator?

UK#1fanisback

Does anybody have factual information regarding the thread title or is this just a bash Dale thread. Weak.

I'm not bashing. He was near the end and saw a rebuild coming. Why stay? He thought the title runs were done and walked away. What's wrong with that?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that Highlands, a traditionally atrocious Defense, is looking for a new OC....

I never thought of them as atrocious on defense. What makes you say that? I know this past year was rough. I believe the current HC had been the DC but had turned it over to someone else.

If it's true where would the new hire come from?

I never thought of them as atrocious on defense. What makes you say that?...

Well, for the past two years, they have been horrendous...that can't be argued.

But let's look back at even when they were the big fella on the block...

In 2014, when they won it all they gave up: 41, 38, 49, 34, 26, and 42

In 2013, when they finished runners up, they gave up: 44, 26, 25, 30, 69, 35, and 37

In 2012, when they won it all, they were a little better and only gave up: 31, 37, 28, 38, and 28

2011 was a good year for them where they only gave up: 37 and 29...many will argue the 2011 Highlands team was one of the, if not the, best ever.

Prior to that, they were a little better though you see them consistently giving up 14-21 a game...many Highlands folks will argue, "People were scoring on our backups, we were way ahead in those games..." But I think the truth really was that Dale had them rocking a rolling on O, and they were just bad on D, but the O covered that up.

Now the O isn't rocking and rolling and the D is being exposed for what it is and has been.

Compare them since 2011 with two of the other premier programs in KY: BG and Trinity

Since 2011, Highlands has won 3 State Championships and had a Runner Up, so they've hardly been chump change...BUT...

Since 2011 here is how many times Highlands, BG, and Trinity have given up 25 + points:

BG: 8

Trinity: 15

Highlands: 35

Thus my comment on how I find it ironic that they're looking for a new OFFENSIVE coordinator.

Edited by W.E. Raider

I hear what you're saying, but when a lot of HHS fans tell you that a lot of those points (with the exception of the last 3 years) have come against backups in the second half, they would be right.

Example. Your example of 37 points in 2012. The second one you list for 2012. That is Scott county. HHS didn't allow even a first down in the first half and the final score was 60-37. And HHS played subs on offense and daefense the entire second half.

Other than the last three years, you can't look at scores to determine how good/bad their defense was. Just not a true measuring stick because in MANY cases, their starting def wasn't on the field when the maroruty of those points were scored. And when you play good teams and score so fast that you give the ball right back, those good teams are going to score occasionally! That was another reason some teams put up some scores because they got the ball back so fast and have several posessions to score. So I will give you all the way back to the 2013 year that the defense was suspect to atrocious in some of those years. But before that, I'm not buying it.