Covington Holy Cross 26 Newport Central Catholic 21

HCalumni32

Let's ignore that some say the whistle was blown. Let's say it wasn't even though one official was running in indicating the play was over.

Every official in every sport will tell you that goal 1, 2, and 3 is to get it RIGHT. Even if you have to eat a foul tasting sandwich from the coach you get it right. So if no whistle was blown they still have the obligation to get together to make sure they get it right.

Based on the video I say they got it right.

Agreed.

Even if they missed it on the field, if the video shows they got it right...even by accident that's what we should all want. The right call...period

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day the mistakenly got the call right. Isn't that what we should all want?

Devil's Advocate--what if they award NCC a TD and they win...and we find out later Freppon's knee was down? You would have to look in the mirror and say HC got the shaft?

A few bottom lines: 1)NCC must score with 3rd and goal from the 2..zero excuse, championship teams do that. 2) why in the world is HC running the ball there? NCC has no time outs..take a knee, championship teams do that.

I agree, NCC did not play well. No I wouldn't want a win on a bad call. HC played hard and in the end they got the he W. Tough loss for NCC. But we are young and will be back next yr.

You realize that other people are saying they heard it, and it's possible it blew without you hearing it, and the side judge came running in which signifies the carry ended, right?

Well to continue to rehash my many statements, of course it's possible they blew the whistle even though we didn't hear it. But people watching online agree they didnt hear it. The ref runs in but no official hand signals. So again, at best it's a controversial call. I agree with a guy who said earlier they didn't see it but made the call to try and make both teams happy.

HC used great clock management after the goal line stand. On the play with the fumble, that play was run because X is usually very good with the ball.

I could bye that....but center to qb and qb kneel has got to be better % than center to qb and qb to rb and 11 guys trying to tackle/strip along with offense bodies bouncing into rb