Covington Holy Cross 26 Newport Central Catholic 21

HCalumni32

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the whistle on the press box. No clue who had possession at the time.

I was wondering if there was a whistle blown. You couldn't hear the whistles watching the online broadcast but no one reacted to # 24 picking up the fumble which lead me to believe there was a whistle blown. Maybe the confusion from the Ref's were determining fumble or not. # 24 for NCC knee was down when he picked up the fumble. I know as unpopular as it may be to some, from what I watched the Refs got it right.

Still scratching my head on why HC would even run a play there. Just take a knee!

Out of luck because they didn't get it done when it counted. 1st and 5 on the 5 and you can't score? Missed blocks, no push?

Congrats HC

I agree they didn't play well, but the refs never saw the play Freppon in the end zone with the ball and they had no idea where the ball was. So we are suppose to believe they saw his knee down? Don't think so dude. I can take losing, I cant take crappy calls and more crappy calls. Several bad ball placements. The list goes on.

I agree they didn't play well, but the refs never saw the play Freppon in the end zone with the ball and they had no idea where the ball was. So we are suppose to believe they saw his knee down? Don't think so dude. I can take losing, I cant take crappy calls and more crappy calls. Several bad ball placements. The list goes on.

What about people saying they heard the whistle?

And yet you would have been okay with NCC winning on a missed call? Lol, so as long as the calls are missed in your favor it's cool? Got it. Sounds like they got it correct from the replay.

Refs didn't have a clue!

Newcath returns fumble for touchdown and refs didn't even know where ball was. No whistle blown and NCC player in endzone with the ball.

Rather surprised to see you be so critical of the refs. Congratulations HC. Good win.

And yet you would have been okay with NCC winning on a missed call? Lol, so as long as the calls are missed in your favor it's cool? Got it. Sounds like they got it correct from the replay.

No my point was the refs missed the play. They can't guess or assume his knee was down. They had to see it. They didn't even know where the ball was. It was in the end zone. I don't have a kid playing, and I understand controversial calls happen, but it's really upsetting in the play off season in a super close game.