Covington Holy Cross 42 Lloyd 0

HCalumni32

You do realize that it doesn't specify that it's ok if it's on a certain side or not. It's pretty clear (and by pretty I mean extremely) when it specifically say drums are not to be used to assist cheering.

It was not a band nor school provided music. It appears that the Section J you referred to doesn't apply to a single person.

Do you really, really think this influenced the outcome?

Edited by HC_INDIAN_Crossback
Additional info.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I labeled this game as a pick em. I am really surprised by the score. Sounds like the Juggs lived up to their history and gave up as the season progressed. I don't say that in a mean way. I just mean that this is kind of a recurring theme with Lloyd. If folks remember the year that HC won State they lost to Beechwood and NCC in the regular season. Not saying the Tribe will definitely win it all but as a lifelong Indian, YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

It was not a band nor school provided music. It appears that the Section J you referred to doesn't apply to a single person.

Do you really, really think this influenced the outcome?

That rule does apply even to a single person. I saw a game earlier this year where one person in the stands was making noise. The refs actually stopped the game and went over and told him to stop it.

That rule does apply even to a single person. I saw a game earlier this year where one person in the stands was making noise. The refs actually stopped the game and went over and told him to stop it.

I researched this at KHSAA and actually, this particular quoted rule does NOT apply to a single person not acting as part of a band nor was the music school provided ...

"J) Band or other school Provided Music During Live Ball

1) The band is not to play or cheers be given when the ball is alive

by rule.

2) Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create

any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals. Drums,

cymbals, bells and mechanical noisemakers shall not be used to

assist cheering."

This again is for a "SCHOOL BAND OR OTHER SCHOOL PROVIDED MUSIC DURING LIVE BALL"...a parent does NOT apply to THIS rule in the situation that occured...This rule was the one that was mentioned and therefore DOES NOT APPLY!

Now, for fairness sake, there may be times that the REFs can address this, but not under this RULE.

And obviously, the REFs did not see a problem with it yesterday afternoon or they would have halted it.

If a rule is quoted and stated the drumming violated that rule...you have it wrong. Quote the proper rule that you feel was violated and then we can argue that point.

I researched this at KHSAA and actually, this particular quoted rule does NOT apply to a single person not acting as part of a band nor was the music school provided ...

"J) Band or other school Provided Music During Live Ball

1) The band is not to play or cheers be given when the ball is alive

by rule.

2) Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create

any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals. Drums,

cymbals, bells and mechanical noisemakers shall not be used to

assist cheering."

This again is for a "SCHOOL BAND OR OTHER SCHOOL PROVIDED MUSIC DURING LIVE BALL"...a parent does NOT apply to THIS rule in the situation that occured...This rule was the one that was mentioned and therefore DOES NOT APPLY!

Now, for fairness sake, there may be times that the REFs can address this, but not under this RULE.

And obviously, the REFs did not see a problem with it yesterday afternoon or they would have halted it.

If a rule is quoted and stated the drumming violated that rule...you have it wrong. Quote the proper rule that you feel was violated and then we can argue that point.

I haven't researched the rule. I am going by what I have seen referees do in games to individual fans making excessive noise that violates the rule you cited. Perhaps the referees are interpreting the rules wrong.

I'm not for or against the drum. I'm on the sidelines and I honestly am not paying any attention to what is going on behind me. The players have helmets on and I doubt they are paying any attention either. Fans from the other teams are going to be the ones most irritated by the drum.