Covington Holy Cross 42 Lloyd 0

HCalumni32

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely doesn't matter. To get blanked and allow 42 points put on you in a district game is a flat out a joke.

I think you are being too hard on the Juggs and not giving HC enough credit. Did you attend the game? Have you seen HC this year?

Are the fans allowed to play instruments while the opposing team is on offense? the reason I ask is because the fans would play a drum while Lloyd was on offense but then their team would go on offense and they did not play the instrument

Are the fans allowed to play instruments while the opposing team is on offense? the reason I ask is because the fans would play a drum while Lloyd was on offense but then their team would go on offense and they did not play the instrument

Fans can make whatever noise they want in the stands to distract a team as long as it stays in the stands. Annoying the other teams fans is just a bonus. :clap:

I think you are being too hard on the Juggs and not giving HC enough credit. Did you attend the game? Have you seen HC this year?

It goes without saying the HC is an extremely talented. They are year in and year out a tough group of kids. Obviously this year they are a legitimate championship team. Now with that being said, to get blown out by a district opponent like that is pitiful. I understand the offense took a huge blow when Durham went out. Still that doesn't excuse the defense for letting 42 points be scored on them. I sincerely hope that the players and coaches take that game personally and regroup.

Fans can make whatever noise they want in the stands to distract a team as long as it stays in the stands. Annoying the other teams fans is just a bonus. :clap:

False. I am just going to leave this right here....

Section J) Band or other school provided music during live ball.

1. The band is not to play or cheers be given when the ball is alive by rule.

2. Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals. Drums, cymbals, bells, and mechanical noise makers shall not be used to assist cheering.

False. I am just going to leave this right here....

Section J) Band or other school provided music during live ball.

1. The band is not to play or cheers be given when the ball is alive by rule.

2. Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals. Drums, cymbals, bells, and mechanical noise makers shall not be used to assist cheering.

You do realize that the noise was on HC's side of the field and not interfering with the Lloyd signals. Annoying the other team's fans is a bonus.

You do realize that the noise was on HC's side of the field and not interfering with the Lloyd signals. Annoying the other team's fans is a bonus.

You do realize that it doesn't specify that it's ok if it's on a certain side or not. It's pretty clear (and by pretty I mean extremely) when it specifically say drums are not to be used to assist cheering.

My question is if you're up by the margin that HC was up by, why would you keep your starters in the game as late as they did. Derick Barnes was still running the ball At the beginning of the 4th quarter. Why would you risk getting your best player hurt when the game was clearly in hand?

My question is if you're up by the margin that HC was up by, why would you keep your starters in the game as late as they did. Derick Barnes was still running the ball At the beginning of the 4th quarter. Why would you risk getting your best player hurt when the game was clearly in hand?

Barnes and Abernathy did not play offense in the 4th qtr.

The HC substitution strategy when ahead is to bring in 2nd and 3rd string a little bit at a time. It is much easier to manage personnel that way. The priority was to change out the QB because this was his first game back from a concussion. Then you saw some subs on the line and the other skill positions.