Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Swai Fish

Featured Replies

Anyone else enjoy this mild fish ? It has the shape size and texture of a catfish filet , but is very mild . I had some fresh from Jungle Jims last and some frozen tonight from a local grocery store , both very very good .

A bit better than tilapia, which always has a faint taste of mud to me. Inexpensive, too.

Never had it, but I'll give it a try. How did you prepare it?

A bit better than tilapia, which always has a faint taste of mud to me. Inexpensive, too.

 

Tilapia was a sexy choice for a while till folks found out it was bottom feeder.

Tilapia was a sexy choice for a while till folks found out it was bottom feeder.

 

While it's certainly not my favorite, Tilapia can be pretty good if it's doctored up with some lemon and herb seasonings.

While it's certainly not my favorite, Tilapia can be pretty good if it's doctored up with some lemon and herb seasonings.

 

Used to be my fish of choice. Still go there once in a while.

A bit better than tilapia, which always has a faint taste of mud to me. Inexpensive, too.

 

I believe that would be butt mud. I ate a ton of Tilapia before I found out they eat poop.

I believe that would be butt mud. I ate a ton of Tilapia before I found out they eat poop.

 

Do you eat pork?

Swai is pretty good, very mild and easy to cook. We've broiled it and done a light pan fry on it and I really like it.

 

I hate Tilapia!

Swai is an east Asian catfish.

 

Originally and still is farmed in the Mekong Delta. It is also now farmed in the Mississippi Delta. I would make sure I knew where my fish was coming from.

 

Rice farm runoff is a big problem in the Mekong Delta, resulting in E. coli levels much higher than the legal limit. Other surprising substances, such as antibiotics, have also been found in closely-related species such as basa farmed in the river. In fact, reports from the three external health and safety ranking systems employed by North Coast Seafood are ominous: one labels swai “Not Recommended” and another identifies “Some Concerns”

A lot of fish and frog legs come from Vietnam.

Do you eat pork?

 

Of course but it's mercury free.:jump:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.