Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Western Kentucky Class 3A Really Wide Open?

Featured Replies

Belfry has long been established as the Class 3A favorite this season and Corbin has been a strong #2 all season, as well. Both of those teams, however, are located in the eastern bracket. The western side has seen any number of potential contenders listed. After three or four games, though, is western Kentucky really that open or do we have a good idea who will make it to Bowling Green?

 

BGP's ranked western teams are:

 

3. Lexington Catholic

4. Caldwell County

5. Boyle County

6. Central

7. Bardstown

8. Waggener

10. Garrard County

 

Western teams just outside the top ten are:

 

Adair County

Elizabethtown

Paducah Tilghman

Looks to me like whoever can get hot late in the year can make a run, especially if you can get a few home games.

And I would think Waggener is a very dangerous team in this mix!

I think it is too early to tell. Several of those teams in the west are young teams, and young teams sometimes take a while to develop but when they do, they do it by leaps and bounds. We are at the point in the season where everything that has happened so far can be thrown out the window.

 

I could see any of those teams listed peaking at the right time and making a serious run at the title. Any of them.

I wish we could take the top players from the top 3 western teams and try to have a competitive final. (I'd still take Belfry by 3 TDs).

I think it's open as far as who is going to be playing Thanksgiving weekend, but I think that's probably where Lex Cath takes it.

 

There should be a lot of good games, though.

I wish we could take the top players from the top 3 western teams and try to have a competitive final. (I'd still take Belfry by 3 TDs).

 

In the western playoffs this year lets let every winner of a playoff game take 1 kid of their choosing from the team they just beat to move on with them for the rest of the tournament.

I know in 2009 PT started 1-4....and finished 4-6 before they got hot and ended up winning state. Although I don't think that this years PT team is on that same course, I could see one of the Western teams catching a hot streak and surprising people all the way to Bowling green...but more than likely it will be LexCath....no matter who it is they won't beat this years Belfry team. IMO classes 2a,3a and 5a are all but decided....but that's y they play the game, anything can happen.

  • Author
I think it's open as far as who is going to be playing Thanksgiving weekend, but I think that's probably where Lex Cath takes it.

 

There should be a lot of good games, though.

 

This is kind of my thinking, too. A big point to note is that with it being an even numbered year, whoever wins District 4 (Boyle, Garrard, LexCath, Western Hills) will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

I wouldn't count Paducah Tilghman out jus yet

I wish we could take the top players from the top 3 western teams and try to have a competitive final. (I'd still take Belfry by 3 TDs).
Belfry has their own hands full just trying to get there. Get that cart back behind that horse!!

Its won & lost in the trenches. Belfry will beat anyone dumb enough to win the west. I kid...but losing on purpose in the semis may be a good idea this year!

Its won & lost in the trenches. Belfry will beat anyone dumb enough to win the west. I kid...but losing on purpose in the semis may be a good idea this year!
That's funny right there EasyPro, it cracked me up. Well played. :thumb:
Belfry has their own hands full just trying to get there. Get that cart back behind that horse!!

 

Yeah right :lol2:

Yeah right :lol2:
I'm serious. Everybody has made a foregone conclusion that Belfry will cakewalk to the title, but we all know it ain't that easy. There are teams in the east capable of beating them, even if it doesn't look that way on paper. Look at the regular season game with Lawrence Co last year for an example. Bad things can happen and it is not easy to keep a group of teenagers focused week in and week out, especially when everyone they know is telling them how great they are.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.