Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Cardinals (8/8 - 8/10)

Featured Replies

We got yelled at for that the last couple years. :lol2:

 

Well to be fair 2 seasons ago he was caught stealing 23 times. That certainly wasn't elite. He's certainly crossed over into that territory now.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question for those who watched 1st game of series, I was out of town. A bunch on here questioned why have OF deep with two outs up four. I have no idea who was running for cards at 1st.

I'm thinking OF was deep so if ball lands in front of them they're still up 2 runs with runners on 1st and 3rd instead of 3 runs scoring with a ball over their heads and batter reaching scoring position.

I may be wrong but thought I'd throw it out there.

 

Those runs mean nothing. You need an out. If they were playing even remotely where they should have they would have won.

Are we allowed to call him an elite base stealer now?

 

Seems like I read that SABR guys say below 80% hurts the team in regards to runs scored. 88% would seem to be pretty strong and in today's game elite.

Are you taking away a base for each caught stealing?

 

No I did not. Like I said, I didn't really have a lot of time to spend on it. Just did some down and dirty rough calculating. And to be fair, if he was caught trying to steal 3rd, you'd have to subtract 2 bases. Combine that with the steals he got when he was originally put on by a walk or error, and the number is going to change...as pretty much any hitter's would.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.