Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Cardinals (8/8 - 8/10)

Featured Replies

  • Author

Makes you wonder if they should bat Votto behind Billy. Pitcher so worried about Billy he throws an uhoh pitch to Votto and maybe Votto can do something with it. Might be a win win.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's absolutely no way you could read his post and think that's what he was inferring...

 

Can you please impart your wisdom on me then? I don't understand what he was trying to say if not that.

 

Ignorant second guess by me... Was he saying the Reds should have plunked him again? That way he doesn't hit a home run?

# of bases he steals is directly proportional to his OBP (obviously). If he can keep getting on base, he will continue to cause mayhem.

 

I wonder what his power #s would look like if he got credit for all the extra bases he picks up via stolen base? For example, for every single he gets where he then successfully steals 2B, give him credit for a double and recalculate. If he doubles and steals 3B, give him credit for a triple.

 

That would be an interesting statistic. Kind of surprised the analytic guys in baseball don't already have something like this, or at least that it isn't public knowledge.

Can you please impart your wisdom on me then? I don't understand what he was trying to say if not that.

 

Ignorant second guess by me... Was he saying the Reds should have plunked him again? That way he doesn't hit a home run?

 

The bolded would seem to be what he was implying...

You would also have to give everyone else a bump in SLUG as well and see what the % increase is for the normal guys and then for him just for fun. When a walk or base hit turns into a double or even a triple 30% (I just made that up) of the time it makes it a bit more valuable.

 

Don't have a lot of time to spend on this, but did go back and recalculate Votto's...it goes up to .511 (thanks to 7 steals). Then, I just looked up Jose Bautista's stats from last year, since I knew he had hit 40 HR's. His slugging was .536...goes up to .551 if you add in the 8 SB's he had.

 

So, just looking at those two, they went up .015 to .020 in slugging. Billy's went up nearly .140 !!

Can you please impart your wisdom on me then? I don't understand what he was trying to say if not that.

 

Ignorant second guess by me... Was he saying the Reds should have plunked him again? That way he doesn't hit a home run?

 

I did not mention the evening prior at all. Even @plantmanky knows you wouldn't hit a batter on purpose with bases loaded. I was being more sarcastic than anything. We hit him the night before and Molina turned around and hit a homerun yesterday. We need to hit him again. I don't like Molina and think we should hit him every time he is at the plate.

Hamilton on pace to steal 69 bases.

 

Are we allowed to call him an elite base stealer now?

  • Author
I did not mention the evening prior at all. Even @plantmanky knows you wouldn't hit a batter on purpose with bases loaded. I was being more sarcastic than anything. We hit him the night before and Molina turned around and hit a homerun yesterday. We need to hit him again. I don't like Molina and think we should hit him every time he is at the plate.

 

Well not with a tie or 1 run game you wouldn't, no.

The bolded would seem to be what he was implying...

 

I did not mention the evening prior at all. Even @plantmanky knows you wouldn't hit a batter on purpose with bases loaded. I was being more sarcastic than anything. We hit him the night before and Molina turned around and hit a homerun yesterday. We need to hit him again. I don't like Molina and think we should hit him every time he is at the plate.

 

Got it .... thanks for correcting my thoughts.

 

I will not offer an opinion on the plantmanky comment above. :D

Edited by Voice of Reason

Are we allowed to call him an elite base stealer now?

 

Haha I think so.

Are we allowed to call him an elite base stealer now?

 

We got yelled at for that the last couple years. :lol2:

Makes you wonder if they should bat Votto behind Billy. Pitcher so worried about Billy he throws an uhoh pitch to Votto and maybe Votto can do something with it. Might be a win win.

 

A couple offseasons ago, Votto gave an interview and said Billy Hamilton on 1st base is the best protection he's ever had in a lineup.

Reds have chance in ninth but go down 3-2.

Question for those who watched 1st game of series, I was out of town. A bunch on here questioned why have OF deep with two outs up four. I have no idea who was running for cards at 1st.

I'm thinking OF was deep so if ball lands in front of them they're still up 2 runs with runners on 1st and 3rd instead of 3 runs scoring with a ball over their heads and batter reaching scoring position.

I may be wrong but thought I'd throw it out there.

Don't have a lot of time to spend on this, but did go back and recalculate Votto's...it goes up to .511 (thanks to 7 steals). Then, I just looked up Jose Bautista's stats from last year, since I knew he had hit 40 HR's. His slugging was .536...goes up to .551 if you add in the 8 SB's he had.

 

So, just looking at those two, they went up .015 to .020 in slugging. Billy's went up nearly .140 !!

 

Are you taking away a base for each caught stealing?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.