Reds @ Cardinals (8/8 - 8/10)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, oh please, do not tell me this comment means you think the Reds hit him on purpose last night ... with two outs in the 9th ... bases loaded, driving in the winning run. You are not saying that, are you?

There's absolutely no way you could read his post and think that's what he was inferring...

Hamilton on pace to steal 69 bases.

# of bases he steals is directly proportional to his OBP (obviously). If he can keep getting on base, he will continue to cause mayhem.

I wonder what his power #s would look like if he got credit for all the extra bases he picks up via stolen base? For example, for every single he gets where he then successfully steals 2B, give him credit for a double and recalculate. If he doubles and steals 3B, give him credit for a triple.

# of bases he steals is directly proportional to his OBP (obviously). If he can keep getting on base, he will continue to cause mayhem.

I wonder what his power #s would look like if he got credit for all the extra bases he picks up via stolen base? For example, for every single he gets where he then successfully steals 2B, give him credit for a double and recalculate. If he doubles and steals 3B, give him credit for a triple.

OBP v. SB's

April: .283 (4 SB, 0 CS)

May: .294 (6 SB, 3 CS)

June: .319 (9 SB, 1 CS)

July: .299 (16 SB, 1 CS)

August .455 (13 SB, 1 CS)

Would interesting to see a Saber guy do a piece on that.

Would interesting to see a Saber guy do a piece on that.

Well, I'm definitely not a Saber guy...but, I did do some quick calculating. Currently he's got a slugging percentage of .347 based off of 113 total bases. If you add his 45 steals into it (taking it to 158 total bases) his slugging goes up to .485 (Votto's, by comparison, is at .492).

The only problem with what I did, is that it doesn't take into account how many of those SB's came after a result of getting on base due to an error or a walk. But, at least it gives you somewhat of an idea.

Well, I'm definitely not a Saber guy...but, I did do some quick calculating. Currently he's got a slugging percentage of .347 based off of 113 total bases. If you add his 45 steals into it (taking it to 158 total bases) his slugging goes up to .485 (Votto's, by comparison, is at .492).

The only problem with what I did, is that it doesn't take into account how many of those SB's came after a result of getting on base due to an error or a walk. But, at least it gives you somewhat of an idea.

You would also have to give everyone else a bump in SLUG as well and see what the % increase is for the normal guys and then for him just for fun. When a walk or base hit turns into a double or even a triple 30% (I just made that up) of the time it makes it a bit more valuable.

16 stolen bases in July & 13 already in August.

Kinda like what hes doing, instead of picking his spots, hes pretty much put it out there that if I get on, and the base is open, im going to try to steal it. Hes gonna get more steals than he gets caught.