Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle County 2 Corbin 0

Featured Replies

Final.

 

Yes that's the correct score.

 

I will give my comments on the game later.

 

One thing I'll add is that Rockcastle County's Dusty Miller was named the Bob Allen Pigskin Classic Most Valuable Player of the Game.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone thought rock would roll..wow what a surprise.

Both Offense's seemed sort of rusty tonight but i guess that comes with the first game. I was most impressed with the D of Corbin, to hold a 3A team like Rock scoreless on offense says something about this team. May be another all mountain showdown in class 2A. Congrats Rock on the win and good luck to Corbin on the rest of your season.

WOW wasnt expecting that 2-0 ??????

Anyone have any stats?

Both Offense's seemed sort of rusty tonight but i guess that comes with the first game. I was most impressed with the D of Corbin, to hold a 3A team like Rock scoreless on offense says something about this team. May be another all mountain showdown in class 2A. Congrats Rock on the win and good luck to Corbin on the rest of your season.

 

Rusty????:confused: How about corroded!! UGLY!!! Glad I wasn't there!!!:lol:

So is Cashen not what he was hyped up to be? This score makes me think that Johnson Central should be the favorite to win that Region. I thought Rock would roll in this one!

I guess the D's didn't play too well. :D

Wow Thats a shocker i thought corbin didn't have a chance. Rock better come to play against harrison

IM sure the Rock is gonna be good....id say the Hounds Will be better than everyone thought as well..........Corbin has got to get control of the offense....they should get it together. Look for the Rockets to get into form next week as well. Tough Game.....:fight:

Rockcastle moved the ball better than the Hounds and that was expected behind that big line.........but the Big D showed that when it gets down to the nitty that they can stand tall. Just gotta get that OFFENSE going! I think I said that before! But hey ......Im sure the Rocks D had something to do with it as well.:sssh:

Cashen left the game early with what seemed to be a hamstring or maybe severe cramps. It looked more like a hammy but hopefully it's not a serious one and he will be ready for Saturday. To me it looked like both offenses tried to get away from their advantages. While rock still ran it a lot, they passed a lot of times when I think they could've gotten first downs by running. Corbin should have passed it more downfield before Cashen went out but ran more. I can't say enough about the defenses. Corbin held Rock 3 or 4 times on the goal line. Did I mention I hate goal line situations in Corbin Rock games (for folks with good memories).

 

Blake Freeman ran a punt back for a TD after Corbin held Rock to 3 and out on their first series but it was called back due to a hold. That turned out to be a killer.

 

Look for good things outta both of these teams.

Bit off the topic, but I just coached a middle school game Thursday, and we won 2-0. Comments after were that no one could remember a game (pro, college, high school or otherwise) that was 2-0, and 48 hours later two marquee programs do the same. Has to be a full moon somewhere.

 

Good luck to both Rock and Corbin this season.

Bit off the topic, but I just coached a middle school game Thursday, and we won 2-0. Comments after were that no one could remember a game (pro, college, high school or otherwise) that was 2-0, and 48 hours later two marquee programs do the same. Has to be a full moon somewhere.

 

Good luck to both Rock and Corbin this season.

 

In 2002, Corbin beat Russell County 2-0 in a mudfest thanks to a Levi Skeen sack.

  • Author
Did I mention I hate goal line situations in Corbin Rock games (for folks with good memories).

 

Would that be the goal line stand that Rockcastle County made on Corbin way back in 1991 when JD Harris stuffed the Corbin

running back just prior to the goal line in overtime of the 24-21 game?

 

I was in the 7th grade when that happened...I was in the back of the endzone where this happened....actually I've still got the video feed from the Corbin local access station that replayed the game;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.