Rockcastle County 2 Corbin 0

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Offense's seemed sort of rusty tonight but i guess that comes with the first game. I was most impressed with the D of Corbin, to hold a 3A team like Rock scoreless on offense says something about this team. May be another all mountain showdown in class 2A. Congrats Rock on the win and good luck to Corbin on the rest of your season.

Both Offense's seemed sort of rusty tonight but i guess that comes with the first game. I was most impressed with the D of Corbin, to hold a 3A team like Rock scoreless on offense says something about this team. May be another all mountain showdown in class 2A. Congrats Rock on the win and good luck to Corbin on the rest of your season.

Rusty????:confused: How about corroded!! UGLY!!! Glad I wasn't there!!!:lol:

Rockcastle moved the ball better than the Hounds and that was expected behind that big line.........but the Big D showed that when it gets down to the nitty that they can stand tall. Just gotta get that OFFENSE going! I think I said that before! But hey ......Im sure the Rocks D had something to do with it as well.:sssh:

Cashen left the game early with what seemed to be a hamstring or maybe severe cramps. It looked more like a hammy but hopefully it's not a serious one and he will be ready for Saturday. To me it looked like both offenses tried to get away from their advantages. While rock still ran it a lot, they passed a lot of times when I think they could've gotten first downs by running. Corbin should have passed it more downfield before Cashen went out but ran more. I can't say enough about the defenses. Corbin held Rock 3 or 4 times on the goal line. Did I mention I hate goal line situations in Corbin Rock games (for folks with good memories).

Blake Freeman ran a punt back for a TD after Corbin held Rock to 3 and out on their first series but it was called back due to a hold. That turned out to be a killer.

Look for good things outta both of these teams.

Bit off the topic, but I just coached a middle school game Thursday, and we won 2-0. Comments after were that no one could remember a game (pro, college, high school or otherwise) that was 2-0, and 48 hours later two marquee programs do the same. Has to be a full moon somewhere.

Good luck to both Rock and Corbin this season.

Bit off the topic, but I just coached a middle school game Thursday, and we won 2-0. Comments after were that no one could remember a game (pro, college, high school or otherwise) that was 2-0, and 48 hours later two marquee programs do the same. Has to be a full moon somewhere.

Good luck to both Rock and Corbin this season.

In 2002, Corbin beat Russell County 2-0 in a mudfest thanks to a Levi Skeen sack.

Did I mention I hate goal line situations in Corbin Rock games (for folks with good memories).

Would that be the goal line stand that Rockcastle County made on Corbin way back in 1991 when JD Harris stuffed the Corbin

running back just prior to the goal line in overtime of the 24-21 game?

I was in the 7th grade when that happened...I was in the back of the endzone where this happened....actually I've still got the video feed from the Corbin local access station that replayed the game;)