March 20, 201610 yr Indiana's defense was the difference in this one. Coach Crean made a good decision to keep their defenders on Murray and Willis instead of helping. That left guys like Poythress, Skal and Lee to make scoring plays in the paint, and they just couldn't finish. IU's defense was excellent. But, Skal was 2-6 from the floor. Maybe UK should given him a few more shots. For all his flaws, Skal has been putting the ball in the basket the past couple weeks.
March 20, 201610 yr For the 1st time in the last 5 tourney appearances the cats are not playing in the final four.........im already bored...........Congrats to IU.......GO CATS
March 20, 201610 yr Can't win with 2, especially when the scorer of the two isn't hitting shots. UKs next best player today was possibly Hawkins. Skal and Lee hurt more than they helped. I said during the SEC tournament that I thought they should have played Willis more. He never really got back in rhythm after his injury and it cost the Cats today because they have no one else other than Ulis and Murray that can score. I agree about Hawkins, thought he should have played more today. He made several hustle plays that gained UK extra possessions.
March 20, 201610 yr Did anyone else notice one official who looked as though he was pointing at the shot clock a few times when Indiana had the ball and it was getting late in the shot clock?
March 20, 201610 yr Remember when I kept saying Diallo wasn't even the hardest playing, most talented dude on his AAU team? I give you Thomas Bryant...
March 20, 201610 yr He's a great salesman, some people just don't understand that. Just because you can sell it to anyone, doesn't mean you are the best at using it. Derek Rose, John Wall, Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, one title. You would have a very valid point if college basketball was like the NBA and the playoffs were series and best out of 5 or 7. If he still only had one title then you would have a great argument. However your argument here is very weak and completley ignoring how hard it is to win the college basketball championship. You have to be on top of your game 6 straight games and still hope the other team is a little off or doesn't have a player just go off that day. As I just said your argument is very weak when even one of the best coaches in the business in Tom Izzo only has one title. Shoot Pitino another great college coach after all his years in college only has 2. You can have the best team and the best coaches and still not win it in college basketball.
March 20, 201610 yr He's a great salesman, some people just don't understand that. Just because you can sell it to anyone, doesn't mean you are the best at using it. Derek Rose, John Wall, Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, one title. Name one. Name one cares ache you'd rather have. Then stop complaining once you can't. I'll take my chances with Cal. Honestly didn't think you'd be "that guy".
March 20, 201610 yr This is the first Calipari UK team that made the tournament and failed to make at least the Elite Eight. They went Elite Eight, Final Four, Champions, Runners-Up, Final Four before this year. Here's a reminder that UK didn't so much as go to a Final Four in the 12 years before Calipari got here. But sure, let's get rid of him.
March 20, 201610 yr Lol You can throw the most random stuff out after a loss and it gets people riled up.
March 20, 201610 yr What happened to Isaac Humphries? Why did UK suddenly decide to stop starting Derek Willis...who was the key cog in turning their season around? I was concerned about this game as soon as I seen Skal in the starting lineup. I like the kid but he simply isn't ready for this level of game.
March 20, 201610 yr What happened to Isaac Humphries? Why did UK suddenly decide to stop starting Derek Willis...who was the key cog in turning their season around? I was concerned about this game as soon as I seen Skal in the starting lineup. I like the kid but he simply isn't ready for this level of game. He's started the last few games hasnt he?
March 20, 201610 yr Nice to see you guys giving my boys and CTC their due credit. Reading the pregame prediction thread, even I was starting to think we had no shot at all.
March 20, 201610 yr Nice to see you guys giving my boys and CTC their due credit. Reading the pregame prediction thread' date=' even I was starting to think we had no shot at all.[/quote'] I picked Indiana by 5, I was off by 1. I hope you guys win it all. I know Crean gets made fun of a lot, but by all accounts I hear he's really a great guy.
March 20, 201610 yr It's my fault. I'm wearing Louisville gear in Rupp. :idunno: were you the lone IU guy clapping in the food court when they scored?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.