Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 73 Kentucky 67

Featured Replies

Congrats to IU. College basketball is better with the powers playing well.

 

I thought it was a very odd game. Neither team ever got into an offensive flow, but IU did more so than UK at times.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16th bb fan summed it up right, U.K. got outplayed. As much as I cannot stand them, I have to give credit to T. Crean and IU. Now, enough about those red bums :sssh: ;). On to U.K. ...First off, Thank You Tyler Ulis, if every kid that came here played with that guys desire, hustle and especially his attitude and class, then U.K. would never lose. 29 pts. (I believe for Uls.

Once again the Cats got very little to nothing from inside game, no need to go into it again bc it's been the downfall all season. Murray just couldn't get going, a lot of that was IU/Creans game plan and excellent D on him. Murray wasn't getting a lot of open looks and wasn't hitting shots like he usually does. I thought that the Cats played up tight / tentative tonight and IU came to play.

Very disappointed in the loss but I didn't think that the Cats would win it all this season without any inside presence. Again ... T. Ulis the by far the best PG in the country, offensively and defensively ... Period.

On to next season, looking forward to this next class coming in and watching who stays and/or goes from this team.

The stats don't tell the story with Skal. It's the things he doesn't do that kills the team when he's in. I'd love to see his +/- for this game and season.

- 625,571

If Willis has shown anything this year he is at his best when he is getting a lot of minutes and not just minutes at 3 or 4 minutes at a time. There were a few times he was wide open and they didn't get him the ball. One of the biggest times was with 11 seconds to go. Poythress got that rebound and Willis was wide open and instead Poythress took it in himself when a 3 would have been better.

 

I agree with this. Also saw Ulis come down the left side of the court in the last minute or so, Willis standing wide open at the top of the key 3 point line and Ulis didn't get him the ball.

If Willis has shown anything this year he is at his best when he is getting a lot of minutes and not just minutes at 3 or 4 minutes at a time. There were a few times he was wide open and they didn't get him the ball. One of the biggest times was with 11 seconds to go. Poythress got that rebound and Willis was wide open and instead Poythress took it in himself when a 3 would have been better.

 

I agree on your point on Willis.

  • Author

Tom Crean becomes just the 2nd coach to beat Kentucky 3 times in the NCAA tournament.

The stats don't tell the story with Skal. It's the things he doesn't do that kills the team when he's in. I'd love to see his +/- for this game and season.

 

I agree with this also. He makes a lot of mistakes and plays happen by the other team because he just isn't strong enough or gets out of position. The problem today was I saw Willis and Lee making the same mistakes on defense and Skal was at least making some plays on offense. UK's defense really let them down in this one, perhaps even more so than the bad shooting.

Hate to see Ulis go. Always have a chance when he plays. Maybe he decides to stay. If he goes pro, I hope he's a star.

Hate to see Ulis go. Always have a chance when he plays. Maybe he decides to stay. If he goes pro, I hope he's a star.

 

Big mistake by him if he doesn't go. He cannot play any better than he did this year and he will still be 5' 9" after next season. He is awesome and I will always be a fan, but he needs to go for it this year.

Willis wasn't going together the minutes he needed/deserved once he got hurt.

 

Can't play those 3* guys and get they used against you in recruiting......people might say you can't develop talent or something on the recruiting trail.

 

Got to keep the one and dones flowing to hide the coaches faults.

Congrats to IU. Crean's plan was to make UK drive the ball or use their post players. Lack of development from bigs cost UK tonight. Time to break out the clubs and fire up the boat! Get em next year!

You got to realize when your guys aren't hitting someone else needs the chance.how many shots did Willis take? I only saw 1.

It was fun watching Ulis grow as a player.

 

But like Calipari says, "I hurt for so and so, but hey I have a brand new team next year."

You got to realize when your guys aren't hitting someone else needs the chance.how many shots did Willis take? I only saw 1.

 

He took two and missed both. Also missed a big one and one free throw. Gave up some big buckets. He excels when he spots up and IU was covering the 3 point line all night.

Hmmm wasn't UK ranked the best offensive efficient team in the country this year? That seems to go against what you all just said. It's very simple any offense will look bad when shots don't fall that game.

 

One title with Anthony Davis, not with 20 other draft picks. Cal needs the difference maker.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.