Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 73 Kentucky 67

Featured Replies

Key point in the game, with about 5 minutes to go.

 

Skal and Willis mess up on a switch on D, easy basket by IU with the and 1.

 

Willis misses a good look at a 3.

 

IU comes down court, Willis leaves man open in the corner, 3 pointer for IU.

 

UK down 6 and could not make the plays to dig out of the hole. Could not get the stops on defense you need to pull a game like that out.

 

 

Key point in game, UK down 3 and we run the same horns/ball screen set they run 90% of the time......

 

At the end of ball games if UK players don't make plays, the coach sure ain't doing anything to help them get into positions to make them.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex Poythress is one of, if not the #1, most disappointing player I can recall at UK. So much athletic ability and the desire to get it done but he just never could figure out what his game is.

  • Author

Other than the NIT season this is Cal's first loss in the round of 32 at Kentucky.

That was a good game.

 

Cats lose to a solid team from a good conference.

 

Nothing to be ashamed of.

 

Actually, I agree. Indiana was the regular-season champ of a much better conference.

 

I thought UK had it in the bag when the second Hoosier went down.

Congrats to @Bench and his Hoosiers. They were the better team.
thanks buddy!

 

Not going to lie I've watched every UK game this year and I will miss watching Ulis play.

 

2 things: this was not a round of 32 game.

 

Also this rivalry just have to come back every year it's completely silly that they won't play put the finger finger pointing and blame somewhere else and just get it done

Cal is lost coaching on the offensive end without 4 lottery picks on his team.....

 

Skal wasn't very good all year but UK decides to showcase him in the 1st round instead of getting Willis minutes......

 

He's not Brad Stevens he needs players who dominate the floor.

 

Hmmm wasn't UK ranked the best offensive efficient team in the country this year? That seems to go against what you all just said.

 

It's very simple any offense will look bad when shots don't fall that game.

Yes. I think they will be pretty happy tonight.

 

They should be.

I don't want to be too critical but it's not possible to beat a good team with Skal playing so many minutes. That was a huge mistake in my opinion.

Got a new class of one and dones coming in - should have been a higher seed - no time outs at the end - one player out of the bunch you can depend on - completely out coached - we'll get them next year -----give me a break

This morning I really had a bad feeling about this game. Now that it's over I'm not that upset as I knew this team was not going to make it to the Final Four this year. We had a good not a great year. To be honest.....I'm still hurting over last year's loss to Wisconsin!

I don't want to be too critical but it's not possible to beat a good team with Skal playing so many minutes. That was a huge mistake in my opinion.

 

Skal played 15 minutes and was more productive in that time than Willis (15 min), Poythress (21 minutes) and Lee (28 minutes).

 

I don't agree with Skal's 15 minutes being the problem but I do fault Cal for the way he uses his bench. I said this tournament was winnable for UK if Cal used his bench and played the right combinations based on the game's matchups. He failed in that tonight just like he did last year. He relies too much on just letting certain players play and hope they get it done. Last year, he changed his normal guard rotation in the last 8 minutes and played the Harrisons too much while taking minutes from Booker and Ulis. This year, he let Bryant take over the middle and never put the one big man with bulk in the game - Humphries. That may not have worked but Cal didn't even try it because he wanted to stay with the 5 he had picked to play at the end before the game ever started.

If one doesn't believe IU can win the whole shooting match they are kidding themselves. I told some friends this in Lexington on Friday night. Have seen nothing to change my mind.

Can't win with 2, especially when the scorer of the two isn't hitting shots. UKs next best player today was possibly Hawkins. Skal and Lee hurt more than they helped.

 

I said during the SEC tournament that I thought they should have played Willis more. He never really got back in rhythm after his injury and it cost the Cats today because they have no one else other than Ulis and Murray that can score.

Skal played 15 minutes and was more productive in that time than Willis (15 min), Poythress (21 minutes) and Lee (28 minutes).

 

The stats don't tell the story with Skal. It's the things he doesn't do that kills the team when he's in. I'd love to see his +/- for this game and season.

Skal played 15 minutes and was more productive in that time than Willis (15 min), Poythress (21 minutes) and Lee (28 minutes).

 

If Willis has shown anything this year he is at his best when he is getting a lot of minutes and not just minutes at 3 or 4 minutes at a time. There were a few times he was wide open and they didn't get him the ball. One of the biggest times was with 11 seconds to go. Poythress got that rebound and Willis was wide open and instead Poythress took it in himself when a 3 would have been better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.