March 20, 201610 yr Sam Gilbert has been mentioned in association with UCLA and Coach Wooden. Most high profile teams have a Sam Gilbert type association with someone and in many cases, a network of Sam Gilbert's. Don't be naive enough to think there's not a Sam Gilbert in your favorite program, no matter who you support. Huh? :idunno:
March 20, 201610 yr How is it that Marcus Lee has just completed his 3rd year playing for UK and has never developed a shot? He is all alley-oops and follows. He cannot make a basket beyond 4 feet. What does he work on in the off season? By all accounts he is a great kid but this part of his game just baffles me. Lack of developmental coaching?
March 20, 201610 yr Lack of developmental coaching? More likely lack of ability and/or desire of the player to learn and change. Why can't DeAndre Jordan shoot a free throw? Or Shaq? Why don't some players ever get better shooting the ball? Some players just can't do certain things. I have seen too many players improve tremendously under Cal and his staff to put it on them.
March 20, 201610 yr Has trouble developing players unless they are one and dones. Josh Harrelson disagrees.
March 20, 201610 yr Josh Harrelson disagrees. So does Darius Miller. Deandre Liggins. Patrick Patterson.
March 20, 201610 yr Josh Harrelson disagrees. Always an exception but probably the biggest developer of Josh was Kanter not being able to play.
March 20, 201610 yr thanks buddy! Not going to lie I've watched every UK game this year and I will miss watching Ulis play. 2 things: this was not a round of 32 game. Also this rivalry just have to come back every year it's completely silly that they won't play put the finger finger pointing and blame somewhere else and just get it done I was flipping stations (got caught up on a musical show on MTV) and came across the game, settled in, started watching and then realized UK was in deep doo doo. I immediately started thinking of the pic you posted on Facebook and how happy you must be. Congrats Bench!
March 20, 201610 yr I picked Indiana by 5, I was off by 1. I hope you guys win it all. I know Crean gets made fun of a lot, but by all accounts I hear he's really a great guy.The more I hear about the things he does behind the scenes, it starts to irk me more that he gets the rep and the ribbings that he does. He's goofy, but hey, there's plenty of that going around. He's incredibly passionate and I think has proven to be an exceptional coach.
March 20, 201610 yr I drank my self to sleep last night thinking the end must be near. But alas, when I woke the sun was still where it's supposed to be and it's just another day. I had a bad feeling about this game so the end result wasn't much of a surprise. IU has a solid team and UK has had to rely on two players to win the game for them all season, it's almost impossible to win the NCAA tourney like that, even in a down year for college basketball. Congrats to @Bench and the Hoosiers! When I watched them earlier in the season their defense was suspect but they could score with anyone. From what I seen yesterday their defense has came a long way, IMO if they can play with the defensive intensity they have yesterday throughout the tournament they have a good shot at winning it all. I'll be pulling for them the rest of the way, they were underseeded and tossed into the toughest region on top of that. As much as I dislike SOME of their fans, I gotta pull for them, they have been a pleasant surprise in an otherwise bad year of college basketball. Classy post. Thank @JDEaston
March 20, 201610 yr I was flipping stations (got caught up on a musical show on MTV) and came across the game, settled in, started watching and then realized UK was in deep doo doo. I immediately started thinking of the pic you posted on Facebook and how happy you must be. Congrats Bench! You are correct. I had a great night! Me and my son had an awesome time watching the game together!!
March 20, 201610 yr How is it that Marcus Lee has just completed his 3rd year playing for UK and has never developed a shot? He is all alley-oops and follows. He cannot make a basket beyond 4 feet. What does he work on in the off season? By all accounts he is a great kid but this part of his game just baffles me. He is a volleyball player. That must be his passion.
March 20, 201610 yr Just watch Murray's interview in the lockeroom after the game and tell me one and done players don't care about winning at UK. This in my opinion is what makes Cal so great, he wants these guys to achieve their dream but he also gets them to buy in to caring about winning and working together to win in college while also making themselves ready for the NBA.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.