• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mama's rules:

1. Do not judge people by anything other than their actions

2. Manners, manners, manners - always be a proper lady

3. Remember, a boy will say or do anything to get into your pants

I have known a few girls whose mother gave them the same warning, but they took it as a promise.

1. They encouraged my interests, particularly in reading, buying encyclopedias for me and taking me to the library a lot.

2. No racial discrimination.

3. Bailed me out, in an appropriate way, from my many mistakes. I.E. They didn't give up on me.

This helps and explains a lot of things to me.

Peace to you!

Mom:

1) Loving God should be the first and greatest task you ever do. If you put your all into it, everything else will fall into place.

2) In suffering there is transformation. It is my job to determine how I allow that suffering to transform me. Similarly, the right way is not always the easiest way.

3) You can't choose your parents, your siblings, your grandparents, or any other family members - except your spouse. Take the time and make the effort to choose the right person as your spouse.

Dad:

1) Loving God should be the first and greatest task you ever do. If you put your all into it, everything else will fall into place.

2) A job's not worth starting if you're not willing to finish it.

3) The value of learning to do something yourself is irreplaceable.

I'll go with traits instead of values.

1. Communicate well. Be able to have conversations with Bill Gates and the bum on the corner. Treat them the same.

2. Laugh a lot

3. Be able to communicate with your kids' friends. Make them feel comfortable and welcome.