Today at CCH Team Day two kid runs a 4.3!!!!

MJK3490

:thumb: I would have to agree..

Two of the fastest kids I know both ran a 13.9, 120 yard home plate to home plate. This breaks down to a 4.6 , 40 yard dash. Given the fact that they had 3, 90 degree turns and probably added 2 or 3 yards per turn making the run somewhere between 126 & 130 yards, thats about 4.3.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diamond, you can't compare a baseball timing to a 40 yard dash timing. In the 40, they are starting from a dead start. In the baseball timing, when you're trying to break down their "40" you're forgetting that they've run at full speed for 80+ of those.

World class sprinters run around a 4.3 40, so I seriously doubt any HS kids are doing it.

Two of the fastest kids I know both ran a 13.9, 120 yard home plate to home plate. This breaks down to a 4.6 , 40 yard dash. Given the fact that they had 3, 90 degree turns and probably added 2 or 3 yards per turn making the run somewhere between 126 & 130 yards, thats about 4.3.

OK point taken:confused: but I still don't think anyone up at CCH ran a 4.3..

Diamond, you can't compare a baseball timing to a 40 yard dash timing. In the 40, they are starting from a dead start. In the baseball timing, when you're trying to break down their "40" you're forgetting that they've run at full speed for 80+ of those.

World class sprinters run around a 4.3 40, so I seriously doubt any HS kids are doing it.

I disagree...when you make your cuts you loose time and distance.

Baloney

There is no one in the state that could run a 4.3 on a track--let alone someone from up here.

No offense to whoever posted this--but 4.3 is pretty close to world class speed (like--right there). I seriously doubt that there are any "Neon" Deion Sanders types up here. Heck--I doubt if there is anyone across the river who could run that fast. Especially hand timed.

I am sure that Cov Cath has some fast kids--but this is an insult to most people's intelligence.

For the life of me--I have no clue why people buy into this propoganda . . . . . .

Unlike the Tory James topic, Wildcat, we agree COMPLETELY on the above.

Anyone that claims 4.5 or below is questionable at best in my book.

I bet Tory James and the 2 CCH speedsters both start!!!!!!

I would say as a rule of thumb always add two tenths to coaching times and then you are close to the real times.

Either way, I am sure CCH has some studs, they ALWAYS do.

I would say adding two or three tenths of a second is fair... As mentioned, 4.3 is getting to world-class sprinter speed.

I agree that there is no way that they ran a legit 4.3 40. There are only a handful of kids in the state that can get down in the 4.5's. I don't believe a 4.3, the fastest kids in the state maybe run 4.4's:lol: MJK3490 lets hear where these stats came from.