New AD at Campbell County??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't posted the position. Most districts do not have a district AD and I am hearing he won't be replaced at all.

You might be hearing wrong. The Campbell district position is a great change from the past. Kenton has added an elementary AD position. I hear others have really looked at how this is working and want to make changes. The problem for some districts is the current dead weight Ad they have in the job now. The time for change is coming. The tenured coach who gets the extra AD job money is really a dying breed. It should be.

After spending more than a few years at Campbell some time ago and watching the past two years, it is great how much things have changed by the outgoing ad. Hopefully the next person will continue to expand and tap into the real potential of Camel athletics vs. the old ways of passing the title to the next in line person. All I can say to this Mr. Roberts is a very good job. The football field alone from its ground material, a new scoreboard, remodel of the announcer booth, landscape fix up around the trees and the memorial work. This type of stuff needed done years ago and this guy got it done right away.

I actually saw it posted in The Post shortly after the job was open. A problem I could see with the position is that they are requiring a vaild kentucky teaching certificate. I know for some people with BA degrees in Sport Management or Sports Administration they will not have a teaching certificate. They have however put a statement in the posting that some requirements for the job could be compromised for a qualifed person.

You might be hearing wrong. The Campbell district position is a great change from the past. Kenton has added an elementary AD position. I hear others have really looked at how this is working and want to make changes. The problem for some districts is the current dead weight Ad they have in the job now. The time for change is coming. The tenured coach who gets the extra AD job money is really a dying breed. It should be.

After spending more than a few years at Campbell some time ago and watching the past two years, it is great how much things have changed by the outgoing ad. Hopefully the next person will continue to expand and tap into the real potential of Camel athletics vs. the old ways of passing the title to the next in line person. All I can say to this Mr. Roberts is a very good job. The football field alone from its ground material, a new scoreboard, remodel of the announcer booth, landscape fix up around the trees and the memorial work. This type of stuff needed done years ago and this guy got it done right away.[/QUOTE]

First, understand, I'm in no way trying to belittle or take anything away from Joe's input into the Campbell programs in his short stay (he'll be missed); but weren't many of the above improvements largely a result of a more active and energetic parental group? It seems to me there is a lot more interest from this area than in year's past. Maybe a product of his guidance, and if so, his replacement would be wise to tap into this enthusiasm. From the above listed upgrades, to the addition of internet broadcasts of football games, to the overall enthusiasm surrounding that program (I hear they now have 120+ kids out for football) and others; Campbell football and athletics in general seem to be headed in the right direction!! They need to be careful in their AD pick, to find the right person to keep this momentum going. There's absolutely no reason (large student population, great facilities, etc.) this school's programs shouldn't be consistantly among the best in NKY!!

After spending more than a few years at Campbell some time ago and watching the past two years, it is great how much things have changed by the outgoing ad. Hopefully the next person will continue to expand and tap into the real potential of Camel athletics vs. the old ways of passing the title to the next in line person. All I can say to this Mr. Roberts is a very good job. The football field alone from its ground material, a new scoreboard, remodel of the announcer booth, landscape fix up around the trees and the memorial work. This type of stuff needed done years ago and this guy got it done right away.

Good Post and very true!:thumb:

I actually saw it posted in The Post shortly after the job was open. A problem I could see with the position is that they are requiring a vaild kentucky teaching certificate. I know for some people with BA degrees in Sport Management or Sports Administration they will not have a teaching certificate. They have however put a statement in the posting that some requirements for the job could be compromised for a qualifed person.

This is the wave of the future. A decent sports coach is not a good athletic director. This is a very true statement for most circumstances. I stand by my prior statements that most districts want to make changes but cannot until the end of the road ex-coach now AD retires. I think this is exactly what needs to happen. The list is very short of AD who are ex-coaches that do a great overall job. I think this is exactly why Mr. Roberts did well in a short period of time. Thanks for thumbs up silver

So Kenton, Boone, etc. etc. etc. are going to "model" Campbell County's AD plan of the future???????????? Riiiiiiight.......:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what Joe's job was. I like Joe and thought he was a nice guy but he had one of the easiest AD positions possible didn't he??????? In CC they had a high school AD, a middle school AD, and Joe was the district AD. He was able to delegate games out to administators (never heard of that before), and what exactly did he do? He didn't fund that football field work and there have been people trying to get that done for years with little to no help from the administation above. I would say Strong (who would have had to OK the funding and actually attends the sporting events) had more to do with that than anyone.

So Kenton, Boone, etc. etc. etc. are going to "model" Campbell County's AD plan of the future???????????? Riiiiiiight.......:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what Joe's job was. I like Joe and thought he was a nice guy but he had one of the easiest AD positions possible didn't he??????? In CC they had a high school AD, a middle school AD, and Joe was the district AD. He was able to delegate games out to administators (never heard of that before), and what exactly did he do? He didn't fund that football field work and there have been people trying to get that done for years with little to no help from the administation above. I would say Strong (who would have had to OK the funding and actually attends the sporting events) had more to do with that than anyone.

If you think working with people who go out of their way to make you fail is an easy job, you do not have much work experience. PVC posted an excellent review of the situation at Campbell in another thread. To call it easy is posting without knowing the facts. You may want to check your info on this. The high school ad position is the easy one. Work for 100 days with full index to pad retirement and I just learned that job was suppose to include a teaching position at the school?! Talk about easy street.