Holy Cross 72 Highlands 67

ed2

This score is puzzling...

Is Highlands quickly improving and becoming a dark horse, or was Holy Cross drained from their game the night before with the Bulldogs?

I think a little of both, plus HC probably looking forward to CCH on Tuesday

This score is puzzling...

Is Highlands quickly improving and becoming a dark horse, or was Holy Cross drained from their game the night before with the Bulldogs?

Believe HC was up by as many as 15...maybe more in the middle of the 3rd and allowed HHS to slowly creep back in. Playing big game the night prior, along with sauna gym conditions probably didn't help.

HHS admins should check the new floor's condition under Listerman's feet- never seen such absurd stomping/foot pounding antics on a basketball sideline--Surprised the officials tolerated it.

Believe HC was up by as many as 15...maybe more in the middle of the 3rd and allowed HHS to slowly creep back in. Playing big game the night prior, along with sauna gym conditions probably didn't help.

HHS admins should check the new floor's condition under Listerman's feet- never seen such absurd stomping/foot pounding antics on a basketball sideline--Surprised the officials tolerated it.

It's a new floor. Definitely fine.

HC that out of shape that the warm gym effected them. Maybe HHS had special uniforms designed for the gym to keep them cooler and get an advantage.

Love all of the excuses being tossed about regarding this game and why it was so close. Could it be that as I have said since the start that this team is going to play you hard for 32 minutes and are not going to quit. Perfect example of that was last night. I don't care who Holy Cross played and who they were going to play, Highlands showed once again that they are capable on any given night. They are not an elite team in the region, but their heart, grit and never say die attitude are certainly fun to watch.

Would also love to know how two big guys can constantly get mugged under the basket and nothing gets called and then a guy drives to the basket and never gets touched but the whistle blows because of the anticipation that something was going to happen. Also love that when things get a little intense around the basket that the first guys talked to are the "bully-birds". Love it.

As for the coach comments, please. The man at least shows he has a pulse and the kids rally around his enthusiasm. I guess Schrand's demeanor is better by whining the entire time about anything and everything.

Keep working hard boys and good things will come.

Love all of the excuses being tossed about regarding this game and why it was so close. Could it be that as I have said since the start that this team is going to play you hard for 32 minutes and are not going to quit. Perfect example of that was last night. I don't care who Holy Cross played and who they were going to play, Highlands showed once again that they are capable on any given night. They are not an elite team in the region, but their heart, grit and never say die attitude are certainly fun to watch.

Would also love to know how two big guys can constantly get mugged under the basket and nothing gets called and then a guy drives to the basket and never gets touched but the whistle blows because of the anticipation that something was going to happen. Also love that when things get a little intense around the basket that the first guys talked to are the "bully-birds". Love it.

As for the coach comments, please. The man at least shows he has a pulse and the kids rally around his enthusiasm. I guess Schrand's demeanor is better by whining the entire time about anything and everything.

This man loves his Bullybirds!

I didn't see where anyone was making excuses, just stating facts or what they believe. And you talk about someone saying something about highlands coach then you turn around and mouth of about HC's coach. And the calls looked equally bad both ways to me. I mean a bluebird (bigman) sticks his arm straight out and knocks the ball handler down on his way to the basket and there is no call? Both ways I promise. Bluebirds played hard have a great coach and will get better no doubt. Old saying goes- jack of all trades,master of none....

I didn't see where anyone was making excuses, just stating facts or what they believe. And you talk about someone saying something about highlands coach then you turn around and mouth of about HC's coach. And the calls looked equally bad both ways to me. I mean a bluebird (bigman) sticks his arm straight out and knocks the ball handler down on his way to the basket and there is no call? Both ways I promise. Bluebirds played hard have a great coach and will get better no doubt. Old saying goes- jack of all trades,master of none....

But often times better than a master of one.

Had his antics been directed toward the officials or the other coach/team, he may have been called out on them. However, he was animated toward his own players, trying to get their attention when their attention was focused elsewhere. The atmosphere was loud during these times and he was waving his arms and stomping, to do everything he could to draw his players eyes to him so he could make his points to them and give them direction. Why do you think the refs should have a problem with that?