Todd Frazier Traded to White Sox in Three-Team Deal With Dodgers and Reds

HammerTime

With 98 walks in 2046 plate appearances and very little pop it doesn't much matter if he's not a swing and miss guy. That just means he's slapping at a lot of pitcher's pitches. You're not going to get on base at a decent clip in the big leagues doing that.

And Larkin's 29 errors were at shortstop, not the much easier 2B.

Doesn't sound too great. But apparently I'm missing something on this guy.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol2: This team was going to finish dead last and probably lose 100 games regardless of whether or not they dealt Frazier. There was literally no reason to keep him on the roster. Same goes for Phillips, Chapman, and Bruce if they can strike deals. It's a rebuild. It's going to take at least 2 years, probably longer. It is what it is.

That's the point. Before Jockety took over, the team was at a point where it's Minor Leagues were stocked and they could be smart w/ their contracts while promoting youth, like the Royals, A's, and Cards have done. INSTEAD, they signed 5 guys to contracts that the other clubs wouldn't have given and were hamstrung by them.

Somebody doesn't understand the position the Reds are in. :lol2: If people are deciding whether or not to renew their season tickets based on Frazier being on the roster or not' date=' well, they probably aren't real fans anyways.[/quote']

What section are your season tix in?

Frazier was a solid dude that fit the profile for Cincy favorite. From a baseball standpoint, he was fool's gold in the first half of 2015 and a quality front office would have dealt him at the top of his value after the ASG. In the 2nd half he was putrid and crushed his prior value.

If I am Hamilton, I am worried. Speedster young IF that they have already tinkered with moving to the OF. Sound familiar? Maybe a little competition can drive Hamilton to improve. If they deal Bruce, move the walls back 20 feet and play small ball. They won't need the seats for fans.

Season ticketholders have a pretty easy call. We've had them (full season with a group) for 15 years and it was a pretty easy call to give them up. I was always frustrated with paying a very slightly discounted amount for my tickets when they were running promotions at very heavy discounts for the same seats. I figure for any game I want to go to (other than Opening Day and maybe some bobble head events) I can buy a cheap ticket on StubHub and sit wherever I want. Lots more flexibility.

A few scouts I saw said that has nothing to do with getting traded twice. :idunno:

I read variations of this same quote over and over when reading about him:

"Scouts worry how much impact a slap hitter who doesn’t walk can have, but they love his speed and defense."

Players that don't get on base just don't have the same value that they once did. Of course, given the way that they Reds have been so successful at preaching plate discipline, I'm sure they'll be able to fix his free swinging ways.

I read variations of this same quote over and over when reading about him:

"Scouts worry how much impact a slap hitter who doesn’t walk can have, but they love his speed and defense."

Players that don't get on base just don't have the same value that they once did. Of course, given the way that they Reds have been so successful at preaching plate discipline, I'm sure they'll be able to fix his free swinging ways.

Which goes along with the quotes I've read about him being a utility man.