Steelers 33 Bengals 20

He's a clown! Notice how he got up and struck a ridiculous pose after hit, not realizing that Eifert held on to the ball? Clearly was after one thing and one thing only. Once a punk, always a punk.

I don't disagree at all. I just hope Eifert doesn't miss a game because of it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't disagree at all. I just hope Eifert doesn't miss a game because of it.

Don't get me wrong - Bengals have a clown too. I actually hope they sit Eifert this week. I know that no wins in the NFL are guaranteed, but I'd rather he sit and get right for Denver.

Unsung heroes of the game:

Pittsburgh O-line: As I joked for the entirety of the game in the update thread Ben had time to order beers and food while looking for his ideal receiver based on coverage.

H.Miller and A. Brown: These two just get good separation, know where to be in a zone to maximize catches and keep drives alive. Miller had a career day today!

Congrats to the Steelers on the W. Clearly the better team today. It was a must win game for them to stay alive and make the playoffs and they delivered. I liked what I saw in McCarron. The next two weeks will be very telling.

Go Bengals!!! :thumb:

Good post. Doesn't it always seem like Ben has all day to throw against Cincinnati? Especially at PBS?

I had a great day. Sure the team I follow won, but I even said before entering the stadium with Ru that regardless of outcome, what a great day. Jeez, the weather for a December game was like October. Beautiful, and no rain, overcast so no glaring sun. Got to spend the day with my oldest son (those don't happen enough anymore). Spent some great time with great friends and met some new ones from this site along the way. On the way home, stopped at Waffle House, which used to be a basketball tradition with my son when he was in HS. I couldn't have possibly enjoyed the day more.

And for the record, the Bengal fans around us were great sports with the exception of one cranky fellow below us. The most obnoxious fan in our whole section was a little Asian chick waving her terrible towel, must have known someone in her row because she profanely gave him crap at every chance until another Steeler fan below her told her that he'd had enough.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't say how cool the fly over by the jets were before the game. That gets me a little jazzed every single time.

Did you see a guy there in an 86 black "Ochoseis" jersey? A buddy of mine, Ryan, who runs The Pizza Place in J'town, was up there. Said he was buddying up and getting pics with as many Steeler fans as he could (strength in numbers thing, I think :D). May go up there to The Pizza Place to watch the Browns game since it won't be on local TV. You ought to join us. Good food, cheap drinks and good company.

I can't help but think that if Dalton had the exact same game and stats, he would be getting blast on here by people saying he can't win the big one and calling that pick six terrible.

You are probably right even though Dalton should have earned the benefit of doubt with how well he has played so far. With that said one reason people would have blasted him because there was 4 seasons worth of bad play in big games by him. So he wouldn't have deserved it but you are probably right people would have still blasted him.

McCarron hasn't gotten blasted because he hasn't gotten any reps with the starters and hasn't taken a meaningful snap since his college days. However he has to step up now and get it done.

Loss doesn't bother me so much as I figured we'd split this year, just thought both home teams would win. Hate the injury for AD as he's done so much to quiet the critics this year. Life in the NFL is fragile. I think we finish 2-1 to end the year at 12-4. Hopefully McCarron steps up to keep things going.

Did you see a guy there in an 86 black "Ochoseis" jersey? A buddy of mine, Ryan, who runs The Pizza Place in J'town, was up there. Said he was buddying up and getting pics with as many Steeler fans as he could (strength in numbers thing, I think :D). May go up there to The Pizza Place to watch the Browns game since it won't be on local TV. You ought to join us. Good food, cheap drinks and good company.

I just might do that. Let me know the details as Browns week approaches

You think Mike Brown is smiling about his starting QB being out for the season? You're more delusional than I thought.

No, I don't think he's happy Dalton is hurt. But he is a businessman, and if you think a guy like Mikey isn't happy to pocket an extra $5 million wherever he can, you're delusional. Look at his past history.

First off as a Bengal fan, I respect the Steelers tradition and winning ways. Very impressive. But I have to comment on William Gay's pick 6 celebration. Brutal. Totally embarrassing. I get celebrating with teammates but to continue after the flag and to the sidelines with an assistant coach joining in. WOW. The Steeler Organization is better than that. Hopfeully, Tomlin addresses that or somebody higher up

First off as a Bengal fan, I respect the Steelers tradition and winning ways. Very impressive. But I have to comment on William Gay's pick 6 celebration. Brutal. Totally embarrassing. I get celebrating with teammates but to continue after the flag and to the sidelines with an assistant coach joining in. WOW. The Steeler Organization is better than that. Hopfeully, Tomlin addresses that or somebody higher up

Maybe it's just the irrational dislike I have for the Steelers, but, part of me thinks Tomlin loves that stuff. Either way, good coach, good team, good organization. I wish the Bengals had 25% of Pittsburgh's success. Joey Porter on the hand, is a clown and has been so for many years.