Steelers 33 Bengals 20

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Missed FG & defensive TD's are difficult to overcome. Add that to an early injury to the QB & starting TE, and you're in a tough spot.

I'm cautiously optimistic about McCarron. I think we can beat San Fran and Baltimore with him at the helm. I'll reserve judgment for a prediction versus Denver until I get to see McCarron play after a week of taking snaps at practice.

And I'll stop with this. My 2 least disliked players in the league are Burfict and Mitchell. No place in the game for their garbage. Both are dirty. Two punks if you ask me.

I asked my Dad in pre-game the over/under on number of plays until Mitchell's first personal foul. It took, what, 3 plays?

Eifert completed the catch & had another nice catch & run later -- coincidentally making Mitchell miss -- before getting entered into concussion protocol. It was obvious that Eifert should have entered it immediately after Mitchell's penalty.

Missed FG & defensive TD's are difficult to overcome. Add that to an early injury to the QB & starting TE, and you're in a tough spot.

I'm cautiously optimistic about McCarron. I think we can beat San Fran and Baltimore with him at the helm. I'll reserve judgment for a prediction versus Denver until I get to see McCarron play after a week of taking snaps at practice.

I'm leaning in your direction. McCarron looked like a guy who hadn't played football all year, but he also didn't look like a Check-down Charlie and he threw some nice balls. Hopefully with a little experience he can steer the ship. The other injuries are worrisome, though.

I asked my Dad in pre-game the over/under on number of plays until Mitchell's first personal foul. It took, what, 3 plays?

Eifert completed the catch & had another nice catch & run later -- coincidentally making Mitchell miss -- before getting entered into concussion protocol. It was obvious that Eifert should have entered it immediately after Mitchell's penalty.

I wondered if it was that shot that got him because he came back.

Key stat of the game: Pittsburgh 8 of 14 on 3rd down. I would venture to say 5 or 6 of those were 3rd and 7 or more. That has to be sured up quick. We can win out with McCarron as long as our defense sure up.

Pittsburgh converted their first five (5) 3rd downs to start the game. The first one they failed to convert was a 3rd & 20+ where they got 12 yards and in to field goal range. Brutal.

Pittsburgh converted their first five (5) 3rd downs to start the game. The first one they failed to convert was a 3rd & 20+ where they got 12 yards and in to field goal range. Brutal.

It just took all the air out of the stadium. PBS was as loud as ever when AJ caught that touchdown pass, but you could hear a pin drop every time they picked up a 3rd and long.