Everything posted by 12willyp12
-
Top Teams for the 2016-2017 season
This: I saw the same thing. Campbell is not top 10, at all! They have two players and the game I saw, Clos could not handle pressure and hardly scored, if at all. She also had no one to pass to without Jolly and Kramer. Sorry Campbell fans but this is true. I agree with RCC, they are not even top 20 this year.
-
Top Teams for the 2016-2017 season
To me always disappointing when people post negative comments about individual players. To me these are young women doing their best both athletically and academically and to point out a perceived weakness as an adult is just sad. As I have always stated thank the good lord these dedicated young women do not read this crap!!!
-
Does Boone County plan on naming a coach?
What is the school administration waiting for? Is Nell considering coming out of retirement? Lost most of the summer.
-
Holmes 64 Conner 32 (9th Region Semifinals)
Congrat's to Holmes and the Conner players and coaching staff. The seniors have had a great ride and wish all of them the best of luck in the future. Best of luck to Holmes in the 9th region final. Go Cougars!
-
Ryle 54 Highlands 51 (9th Region Semi-Final)
Congrat's to Ryle on the win, great team chemistry and let's not forget Coach Haitz and her staff come from GREAT pedigree. The Highlands seniors have had a great ride and have been blessed with great coaching and family support. I wish all the seniors the best of luck in the future and I am sure all their parents are proud as they should be. Best of luck to Ryle/Holmes and may the best team win!
-
Updated Maher Rankings 1/3
Ryle should be in the top 20.
-
Congrats to NewCath's Ansley Davenport (US Service Academy acceptance)
Congratulations to this young lady and her family. Best of luck in the future to her and her bother.
-
Ryle @ Holmes 12-11 Predictions
Great observation, very sorry for my recent post but I just want all these young people to have positive experiences they can take and utilize when real life begins. I very much respect your opinions and feel you have a great knowledge for sports.
-
Ryle @ Holmes 12-11 Predictions
Good point, I like this site and getting notified of games and what the results are, maybe someday BGP will create a way to block those you do not want read. To your point I have made my comments and will be certain not to read what you or others like you who find comfort in making yourself feel good because you or someone like you may acknowledge what you say. Good Day!
-
Ryle @ Holmes 12-11 Predictions
Also think about what you just said, some of these players are still in middle school and you suggest they should be able to take critique or move on. Your statement helps me make my point, focus on not critique but find something good to say and let the coaches in their locker rooms do the critiquing, behind closed doors!
-
Ryle @ Holmes 12-11 Predictions
Agree one hundred percent within the confines of the team and those who are responsible for their team playing to the advantages they may have against an opponent. If any coach takes what is said by those who post on this web site shame on them. In additional that is why the coaches are the coaches and we as spectators should understand what we say here or anywhere could potentially impact a young adult in a negative manner maybe for the upcoming game or further. Once again the coaches I know use scouts and keep their findings within the confines of the team, a forum like this could be used to encourage young athletes as well as point out what they may be lacking. Again personally I would want to be known for focusing on positive impact on young people not negative. Just my opinion.
-
Ryle @ Holmes 12-11 Predictions
My point being that we as responsible adults should focus on positives as oppose to the weakness a HS team may or may not have. Just my opinion like yours. I will take the positive route and try to encourage young men and women not point out what I think may be their weakness. I can't speak for all HS coaches but the coaches I know personally do not let their players read this stuff.
-
Ryle @ Holmes 12-11 Predictions
I wish both teams the best of luck and hope these young women try their hardest and remeber in the big picture that this is just a game that they should enjoy and live in the moment but realize after the last whistle blows real life starts the next day in the classroom. Not sure why anyone would want to point out the PERCIEVED weakness for any HS team. These are HS young women and I am gratefull that coaches tell their players to ignore the opinions of people on this web site. Kind Reagrds,
-
All "A" State Brackets Released
So if Highlands were public and an all "A" school and your beloved team were in that situation what recommendation would you have for the school and students? Academics or support your team? Willing bet $20 on the answer!!! Do not mean to question you and respect your very enjoyable post but just curious in this situation if the scenarios were different
-
Conner 7 Covington Catholic 5
I was sitting next to a scout and he said the rule in Ky is that the catcher can block the plate if the ball is in his hands. The scout felt it was very close and the ump made a judgment call. It happened very fast so I could not tell but I thought the catcher did not have the ball before he blocked the plate. With that said I always believe teams play into wins and loses and if that is what CCH fans felt lost the game then I would argue there was a very good Conner team that played the better game tonight. CCH players were class acts and represented a great program the way one would expect from a CCH student athlete. Congrats to both teams and look forward to rooting on the Cougars in the championship game. Go Cougars!
-
Jill Buntin signs with Union College
Congratulations to Jill and her family.
-
Conner's Jared Williams Commits To....
Congrats to Jarred and his family, great young man and an excellent student.
-
Dossett to Ball St
Congrats to Hannah!
-
Top Varsity starting QB's in NKY
Was at the game and Kuntz was very good but he is not as good as Drew Barker. Kuntz had a stronger line with more holes to run and receivers that had more success catching the ball for this game. Barker was rushed passing most of the night and SK had a great game plan not allowing him any room to run. Hope Conner can do a better job protecting Drew. With that said SK is the top 6a team NKY and only won by a touchdown so there is hope for the Cougars.
-
9th Region Pre-Season Rankings Teams and Players
Thanks very much, that is completely understandable and I am curious myself now that I understand.
-
9th Region Pre-Season Rankings Teams and Players
May I please ask the premise of your question?
-
9th Region Pre-Season Rankings Teams and Players
And your point?
-
What a year for NDA's sports teams
That is impressive results and by far the best in women sports! Congrats to ND on such a special year. Too bad about their girls basketball coach but this will be one of the best coaching opportunities in NKY.
-
Erik Goetz Leaves Holy Cross
I have only been following KY high school sports for a few years now but it seems to me the transfer rule is a joke! I believe there are numerous examples of where the KSHAA has allowed transfers for various reasons. The only one I can think that they disallowed over the last couple of years was the kid down near Hazard. I do not remember his name or the schools involved but thought it was in the Hazard area?
-
9th Region BOK Center Big Floor/Arena: What team does it help?
Here is my take, I think Boone and Holmes can create an advantage with the bigger floor. To me if Holmes comes out and plays athletic like they are capable of doing they could run some teams and they have the most athleticism which a larger floor could help. I also think because Boone is pretty athletic themselves and move so well without the ball they could also run on some teams. Also I think the bigger floor gives Jones that much more of an advantage. I think Boone could surprise some people and predict they will give ND a good game. If Boone keeps the floor wide open I think that will take away a little of ND's size and reach advantage. Should be fun to watch and I wish all the teams the best of luck.