Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region BOK Center Big Floor/Arena: What team does it help?

Featured Replies

Let's hear it even though we are probably all wrong.

 

What teams are helped/hurt by the college length floor, the big arena shooting background, the flashing floor lighting, the spread out crowd, the multiple three point lines?

This will be a huge disadvantage for Highlands imo. Heck I dont even think their home floor is even H.S. regulation. I thought at one point in time the word is that Highlands home floor is 3 ft short of H.S. regulation.

 

The big floor venue will cause Highlands issues and I dont think they have the athletes or depth to play the bigger programs like ND and BC. Just sayin...

  • Author
This will be a huge disadvantage for Highlands imo. Heck I dont even think their home floor is even H.S. regulation. I thought at one point in time the word is that Highlands home floor is 3 ft short of H.S. regulation.

 

The big floor venue will cause Highlands issues and I dont think they have the athletes or depth to play the bigger programs like ND and BC. Just sayin...

 

Highlands players will obviously be distracted by shooting at baskets that do not move after the ball hits them.

Highlands players will obviously be distracted by shooting at baskets that do not move after the ball hits them.

 

The key is not to hit the rim!!!!:laugh:

Let's hear it even though we are probably all wrong.

 

What teams are helped/hurt by the college length floor, the big arena shooting background, the flashing floor lighting, the spread out crowd, the multiple three point lines?

It helps Boone....it gives Nell more room to stomp lol

I don't know who it would benefit in the 9th region, but if SK played on a big court, they would be a heavy favorite, even with NDA in the field. A big court would favor SK depth and team speed.

Here is my take, I think Boone and Holmes can create an advantage with the bigger floor. To me if Holmes comes out and plays athletic like they are capable of doing they could run some teams and they have the most athleticism which a larger floor could help. I also think because Boone is pretty athletic themselves and move so well without the ball they could also run on some teams. Also I think the bigger floor gives Jones that much more of an advantage. I think Boone could surprise some people and predict they will give ND a good game. If Boone keeps the floor wide open I think that will take away a little of ND's size and reach advantage. Should be fun to watch and I wish all the teams the best of luck.

Did SK move back to the 9th?

:laugh:

Did SK move back to the 9th?
Did SK move back to the 9th?

 

 

They will in 2 years.

G1 why do you say they will be in 2 years? This region runs through NDA without question regardless of floor. They roll with ease. They have the best player and plenty of surrounding parts..

I believe there will be massive regional realignment to offset the consolidation of schools in other parts of Ky. Theres more teams in the north and i expect some shifting of regions.

Evidently you did not see SK play NDA this year. SK and its feeders are deep and oozing with talent all the way down to the 6th grade level. Varsity coaches are teaching D1 up tempo offense, zone defenses and half court offenses from middle school to varsity levels. Team success will not depend upon a single superstar player like it does for so many programs in the 9th. I expect multiple regional championships from this program in the next 5 years regardless if that is in the 8th or 9th Region.

 

 

Wow!!!! Things are really looking good for SK:thumb:

 

Another SK "superfan" echos these same sentiments in the Football thread every yr since they won their last championship.

 

All Iam sayin is Iam sure SK has loads of talent but so does everyone else, it just very hard to make such bold statements especially when you will be competing with teams like NDA, Highlands and NewCath.

Wow!!!! Things are really looking good for SK:thumb:

 

Another SK "superfan" echos these same sentiments in the Football thread every yr since they won their last championship.

 

All Iam sayin is Iam sure SK has loads of talent but so does everyone else, it just very hard to make such bold statements especially when you will be competing with teams like NDA, Highlands and NewCath.

 

Lol too quick there Sweep!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.