You make the call -- safe or out?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that anymore dangerous than sliding into a base, metal spikes first. I am sure everyone will argue with me, but I don't like that rule at all.
Not arguing, but the player hurdling the catch, could have landed on his head, possible paralysis, broken arm or neck....a variety of injuries from hurdling into the air. Plus, if a player hurdles another the spikes are now usually eye/face level and it's far more dangerous, than if sliding "spikes up".

Amazing video I might add....:scared:

Not arguing, but the player hurdling the catch, could have landed on his head, possible paralysis, broken arm or neck....a variety of injuries from hurdling into the air. Plus, if a player hurdles another the spikes are now usually eye/face level and it's far more dangerous, than if sliding "spikes up".

Amazing video I might add....:scared:

You can say the same for football. They allow them to dive over the line of scrimage to get to the endzone....whats the difference?

railroading is also illegal in High School baseball and NAIA league. the rule was made for not minor injuries like getting cleated but rather for major concern like neck injuries.

Now that I can agree with. But Diving over a tag should be fair play in my book.

You can say the same for football. They allow them to dive over the line of scrimmage to get to the endzone....whats the difference?
Helmets with face-mask, that are strapped on with padding, along with neck and shoulder protection.

No metal spikes either.

Helmets with face-mask, that are strapped on with padding, along with neck and shoulder protection.

No metal spikes either.

If someone lands on their head in football, more than likely will suffer some kind of injury. And the only thing that protects the neck, is a neck roll, and I would say about 5% of high school football players wear them, and almost all of them I bet are linebackers, and not runningbacks, and quarterbacks.

If someone lands on their head in football, more than likely will suffer some kind of injury. And the only thing that protects the neck, is a neck roll, and I would say about 5% of high school football players wear them, and almost all of them I bet are linebackers, and not runningbacks, and quarterbacks.
Perhaps they could, but Football wears far more protection that Baseball, plus the helmets do not compress completely, as a result of meeting the shoulder pads and thus the neck, is not bearing the entire weight in football, where in Baseball the neck is unsupported and would give out under the weight....not even an comparison, in my book between head/neck protection in Baseball and Football.

Hurdling is not allowed, for safety issues by NFHS standards and I concur....:thumb:

Perhaps they could, but Football wears far more protection that Baseball, plus the helmets do not compress completely, as a result of meeting the shoulder pads and thus the neck, is not bearing the entire weight in football, where in Baseball the neck is unsupported and would give out under the weight....not even an comparison, in my book between head/neck protection in Baseball and Football.

Hurdling is not allowed, for safety issues by NFHS standards and I concur....:thumb:

I agree with the hurdling rule but I do think you should be allowed to make contact at the plate. The catcher has way too much of an advantage because of this rule.

Before anyone starts, I know why the rule is there. I don't think it should be.

I agree with the hurdling rule but I do think you should be allowed to make contact at the plate. The catcher has way too much of an advantage because of this rule.

Before anyone starts, I know why the rule is there. I don't think it should be.

...I'm with you on that one, also....:thumb:

No doubt safe, a few years back I seen a player leap a tag and side swipe the bag while go into the slide after leaping the tag. It was a nice play but that was just amazing.