The State of the Current St. Xavier Football Program?

Riverside 157

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really sure why people are saying Trinity lowered their entry standards in the last ten years. I entered T almost 25 years ago and I had barely made it through middle school. I always assumed they took pretty much anyone who applied. And I will say that my decision to attend Trinity was the best thing that could have happened to me at the time. I payed my way through by cutting lawns and I ended up with a great education because that place. It helped me become a better person and student. I'm 100% sure that I would be doing some menial job had I decided to attend the public school I was zoned for.

Other than cutting grass to pay tuition, you're personal story is very relevant to both schools.

You're right a dominant Catholic school in a Catholic town should probably have more non-catholics.......

As long as non Catholic students and parents understand they will be expected to learn Catholic teachings and respect those teachings, I really don't care what percentage of the student population is not Catholic. So long as all religion teachers, the principal and the president are practicing Catholics, I am happy.

At least X people can acknowledge that's they way they went, instead of denying it and saying everyone else is spreading rumors.

The issue is T fans get so defensive with the comment about the school taking certain sports in a different direction. It's not like it's a mystery something has changed on Shelbyville Rd. it's just humorous how T fans are unwilling to even acknowledge the fact of change.

Maybe the fact that Trinity was willing to look for and get great coaches for those sports is what did it. If so it's not much of a mystery. X won't look further then their own yard when it comes time to hire a new coach because they're stuck with the opinion that only an X guy can coach at X.

The comments about people hearing from THS parents who are not happy with this "different direction" Trinity took makes me laugh. I guarantee over half of these are parents who sons' they thought were athletic prima donas because Sonny Boy started at St. Barfalfarf but then didn't play much at Trinity but they HAVE to come up with an excuse why Sonny Boy didn't play and blaming non CSAA kids is the easiest cop out.

I will admit, I didn't play at Trinity either but it had nothing to do with public school kids, it had to do COMPLETELY with the fact a I am slow as a turtle and frankly am not a great athlete dispite my size, no one's fault.

The comments about people hearing from THS parents who are not happy with this "different direction" Trinity took makes me laugh. I guarantee over half of these are parents who sons' they thought were athletic prima donas because Sonny Boy started at St. Barfalfarf but then didn't play much at Trinity but they HAVE to come up with an excuse why Sonny Boy didn't play and blaming non CSAA kids is the easiest cop out.

I will admit, I didn't play at Trinity either but it had nothing to do with public school kids, it had to do COMPLETELY with the fact a I am slow as a turtle and frankly am not a great athlete dispite my size, no one's fault.

Well over half still means there are some disgruntled parents, so the comment is not incorrect.

Maybe the fact that Trinity was willing to look for and get great coaches for those sports is what did it. If so it's not much of a mystery. X won't look further then their own yard when it comes time to hire a new coach because they're stuck with the opinion that only an X guy can coach at X.

I want an X man teaching my sons.....Whats wrong with that?

There is never discontent in Tigerland? Everyone always agrees with every coaching decision regarding playing time?

Obviously not or else this thread probably doesn't exist. But the comment is made that parents and such are not happy and the poster is blasted for spreading rumors. But it's obviously there are some upset parents as there is every where, so acknowledge it and move forward.

I want an X man teaching my sons.....Whats wrong with that?

Another example of the elitist school that X is becoming. Only an X man can teach my kid. Bet the women on faculty at X love that attitude. I know at least 1 teacher at X that's a Trinity alum. Do you demand that your sons aren't in his classes?

Obviously not or else this thread probably doesn't exist. But the comment is made that parents and such are not happy and the poster is blasted for spreading rumors. But it's obviously there are some upset parents as there is every where, so acknowledge it and move forward.

There are always unhappy parents but to hear the X folks talk every parent at Trinity is upset and every parent at X is happy as a pig in slop.