The State of the Current St. Xavier Football Program?

Riverside 157

If he has proof of malfeasance then I want him to report it. I don't want my school doing the wrong thing. As it is, I suspect this is more an attempt to assuage the egos of a school whose football program is on the slide. Which I also don't like, but hey if the swimming team and french scrabble squad are that important then by all means do your thing. Just don't level accusations if you aren't willing to do something about it.

:laugh: That is awesome. I think they are nationally ranked.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: That is awesome. I think they are nationally ranked.

I remember back in my time at school Trinity's French Scrabble team were top dogs. I don't know why our program has slid so much but clearly it must be because the school is focusing too much energy in other places like German Monopoly and Chinese Checkers. How could the administration lead us so wrong and abandon what made this school great?

Here is an actual stat that many either do not realize or wish to acknowkedge:

In Glaser's last year, the starting QB (Austin Gahafer) passed for a completion percentage of over 65%. Wolford has yet to have a QB pass for even close to 60%.

The perception of Glaser's offense is somewhat different than the reality of it. Was it perfect? No. But the basis of it should be in facts instead of perceptions. The facts are that, based on completion percentage, that in Glaser's last season, he actually had a more effective pass offense than Wolford has in any of his three years at the helm.

That's a pretty good state. The idea that X ran strictly the veer all the up until '12 is a huge misconception. They still ran inside and outside veer, that was not their base offense during the end of his career. One if the down falls for X is they have so many seniors each year and those seniors are typically replaced by seniors, which can cause problems at QB position. Hopefully with a year of starting experience, Ridder can enter the new season ready to make a huge jump in his game.

If he has proof of malfeasance then I want him to report it. I don't want my school doing the wrong thing. As it is, I suspect this is more an attempt to assuage the egos of a school whose football program is on the slide. Which I also don't like, but hey if the swimming team and french scrabble squad are that important then by all means do your thing. Just don't level accusations if you aren't willing to do something about it.

At least X people can acknowledge that's they way they went, instead of denying it and saying everyone else is spreading rumors.

The issue is T fans get so defensive with the comment about the school taking certain sports in a different direction. It's not like it's a mystery something has changed on Shelbyville Rd. it's just humorous how T fans are unwilling to even acknowledge the fact of change.

At least X people can acknowledge that's they way they went, instead of denying it and saying everyone else is spreading rumors.

The issue is T fans get so defensive with the comment about the school taking certain sports in a different direction. It's not like it's a mystery something has changed on Shelbyville Rd. it's just humorous how T fans are unwilling to even acknowledge the fact of change.

If there is no evidence it is hearsay simple as that. Simply saying "It's obvious that something is differen," is a cop out. Step up and say it directly and prove it. You insinuate wrongdoing yet are unwilling to do something about it.

Well then, please tell us what has changed. The last time I checked all of the players were Trinity students. That hasn't changed since 1953. Go on. Spit it out. You know you want to. Only an X-man could try to make welcoming anyone that wants what we have to offer seem like a vice. In case you were wondering what it is that we have to offer, "Trinity is a Catholic, college-preparatory high school, forming men of faith and men of character".

Here is an actual stat that many either do not realize or wish to acknowkedge:

In Glaser's last year, the starting QB (Austin Gahafer) passed for a completion percentage of over 65%. Wolford has yet to have a QB pass for even close to 60%.

The perception of Glaser's offense is somewhat different than the reality of it. Was it perfect? No. But the basis of it should be in facts instead of perceptions. The facts are that, based on completion percentage, that in Glaser's last season, he actually had a more effective pass offense than Wolford has in any of his three years at the helm.

Well, you're running a completely different offenses so it's hard to compare the two. I'll say it was probably easier to throw out of Glazier's O since everyone was focused on stopping the run.

Some Trinity folks say we only admit super smart kids.... we have nine levels, level 9 being the Xcel program for kids that need extra help. You are correct that we probably wouldn't take a kid that can't read at a 5th grade level. Sorry, there are standards in most things in life. And please don't hit me with the we are more Catholic and accept everyone argument. This is supposed to be a sports thread.

Since you bang the drum your ties to Catholicism, how many Catholics make up your football and basketball teams? 50% maybe....

Both X and T have improved diversity over the last 10 years. Glad for that.

I'm not really sure why people are saying Trinity lowered their entry standards in the last ten years. I entered T almost 25 years ago and I had barely made it through middle school. I always assumed they took pretty much anyone who applied. And I will say that my decision to attend Trinity was the best thing that could have happened to me at the time. I payed my way through by cutting lawns and I ended up with a great education because that place. It helped me become a better person and student. I'm 100% sure that I would be doing some menial job had I decided to attend the public school I was zoned for.

Well, you're running a completely different offenses so it's hard to compare the two. I'll say it was probably easier to throw out of Glazier's O since everyone was focused on stopping the run.

They're both run first offenses, and with a running QB this year the ability to pass 12-15 times a game the percentage should be much higher.

Some Trinity folks say we only admit super smart kids.... we have nine levels, level 9 being the Xcel program for kids that need extra help. You are correct that we probably wouldn't take a kid that can't read at a 5th grade level. Sorry, there are standards in most things in life. And please don't hit me with the we are more Catholic and accept everyone argument. This is supposed to be a sports thread.

Since you bang the drum your ties to Catholicism, how many Catholics make up your football and basketball teams? 50% maybe....

Both X and T have improved diversity over the last 10 years. Glad for that.

Are you saying that being Catholic is a requirement for being allowed to be a part of something as wonderful as T or X?

I would certainly hope not, I was unaware that there needed to be a Catholic quota system.