Covington Catholic 47 Anderson County 21

So while Casey McGinness was making his debut one person who was NOT making his debut was my main man Mark Wehry.

There were some technical snafus in the press box which means while everyone was standing for the Anthem it wasn't forthcoming. So in the spirit of "The Show Must Go On" Mark takes the PA and sings the National Anthem. Sadly, his CCH Radio partner Kevin Connor did not join in.

This is not the first time he's had to start the Anthem at ball games. Dude's a pro.

I was thinking that he sung it on the fly. Very impressive.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that he sung it on the fly. Very impressive.

Last basketball season CCH was playing Cincy X at their place. GCL schools put visiting fans and student section up top and that's where Mark did his broadcast from. Anthem starts but it's AC/DC "Thunderstruck" instead. X folks are in full panic mode. Mark starts singing it acapella (or a cappella for our Italian friends) and the CCH student section joins in to lead the rest of the crowd.

I'm not sure, from the stands I couldn't tell. Im under the impression that they resulted from trash talking.

May have brought some attitude to the playoffs which I LOVE but these penalties can be costly. From what I was told, this game could have been a running clock. Keep the aggression up, but zip it.

If you watched Casey McGinness in frosh games this year you could see that he was good enough to play varsity. Size and speed to play at that level.

So I'm not surprised that he had success tonight.

Get him some more touches...he is special.

I thought the penalties were one sided against CCH. I didn't see the ref warn CCH about the sideline issue prior to throwing the 2 flags. I get the first flag is a warning but many times I have seen refs approach the coaches and give them a heads up and let the coaches correct. Same ref threw almost every flag against CCH all night.

If you watched Casey McGinness in frosh games this year you could see that he was good enough to play varsity. Size and speed to play at that level.

So I'm not surprised that he had success tonight.

This kid is a player. Anyone who was at the Highlands-Covcath frosh game would agree that his future is bright. You have rarely seen this type of a talent at Covcath in recent years. Teams will have to gameplan for him.

I thought the penalties were one sided against CCH. I didn't see the ref warn CCH about the sideline issue prior to throwing the 2 flags. I get the first flag is a warning but many times I have seen refs approach the coaches and give them a heads up and let the coaches correct. Same ref threw almost every flag against CCH all night.

I noticed that too. Is it a rule that a team gets a warning first?

In my mind you shouldn't get warnings in the playoffs. Teams should know these things by now.